Duke cannon soap

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
I purchased a bar of Duke cannon leaf and leather soap several months ago. It is a big bar of soap. It smells great. I thought it smelled more leathery than tobacco leaf. My wife loved the smell and actually used it too. She said it didn’t leave a dry soapy feel like some bar soaps do. But I’ll warn you you it’s like $9.00 a bar. So it isn’t cheap. But I’ll definitely buy it again.

Has anyone else used their products or heard of them?

Yes. I have the same soap. Resisted it for years as it's obviously a gimmick but have to admit that it's a big bar. I must say that the aroma is a bit strong for me. I prefer for soap to just smell like soap so that it doesn't interfere with any other cologne or after shave that I use.

That said, it's a nice product.

Steve, you are correct. The scent is a little strong. But my wife loves the smell and will use it herself. I like the way it doesn’t leave a dry soapy feeling on your skin too after you use it.

I've read a discussion about this before, but I'm not sure I'm remembering it correctly. Most soaps today don't have glycerine, or at least much glycerine in them. Shaving soaps have a good component of glycerine, which is why they don't dry your face out from daily, long exposure use. My guess is that artisan soaps outside of shaving also add, use, or leave in glycerine to give that same benefit. As well as using other more pricey fats and oils rather than long lists of chemicals that cost fractions of pennies.

The box that holds a bar of soap at Walmart probably costs more to manufacture than the soap itself.

I have the exact same soap.  I like it very much.  It is decidedly a luxury as the same volume of typical bar soap is FAR less money. I also have bars of a Dial soap that is an odd blue color...marketed as a “man soap”.  I think it has more tobacco and leather notes than the BIG BAR.  Three 4 Oz bars for $2.50.  Whatever.  Both are fine, both get you clean.

They also make a Buffalo Trace bar!  All are 10 Oz.  All are about $10.00.

Just don’t drop the big ones on your toe.

I have seen the buffalo trace bar. It smells good in the box but I haven’t tried it yet. It is definitely a luxury but I think sometimes you get what you pay for too.

Yeah. So a bar of it costs $6 more than the same amount of regular soap. That’s a cheeseburger. How long does it last? A LONG time. It’s like buying a burger that takes you two months to eat. Hmmm. That’s stupid I guess. Well, never mind.

:roll:

Yeah I follow exactly what your saying. The bar does last a long time. A whole lot longer than a bar of dial or Irish spring. And a hell of a lot longer than a $6 McDonald’s burger