Duncan Hill Aerosphere

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiperCub

Reaction score
it's the only pipe i own...anyone have any reccomendations as far as another pipe?

PiperCub":yysk3gl2 said:
it's the only pipe i own...anyone have any reccomendations as far as another pipe?
Hundreds.

Here, this'll put you on the right track. :)

www.smokingpipes.com
www.briarblues.com
www.pulverspriorbriar.com
www.qualitybriar.com
www.scandpipes.com
www.pipesandcigars.com
www.ebay.com

that would depend on your budget, MM Cobs are really affordable and smoke really well, the rest depends on how many clams your willin to part with

just got an MM cob in the mail today. I'd say get several of them to smoke while you figure out what you like and look for some of them.

Hard to beat a cob for day to day smoking...

I suggest you go to Reigels and look over what they have. With three stores to choose from right there in Ft. Wayne they should have something that strikes your fancy. They used to have a wall of estates with some real beauties and good prices. Tobac out the yingyang. If you like latakia ask them if they still sell a mixture called Thee Blend. If you like aros their Saturday Night Shag is good too, if they still carry it.

I recommend a Peterson with fishtail bit.
Jobeys and Falcons are great pipes and won't put you in the poor house.
I've got 18 Grabows and wouldn't sell or trade any of them. I went through a lot of Grabows to find them. Trashed a few, gave some away, traded a few but kept the best ones.
Whitehalls and Kaywoodies are good too.
Why am I not mentioning Dunhills? I can't in good conscience. I've had two and neither one was worth a darn for smoking. Great for looking at though.
Crappy luck? Probably. Too many people like Dunnies for the two I had to be typical of the brand.

Peterson, Stanwell, or Savinelli...get one and enjoy. Also get a grab bag of 10 cobs from MM for 30 dollars and you'll have a 7 day rotation on the cheap but that still works well.

Duncan Hill Areosphere copy.jpg

I bought my own Duncan Hill Aerosphere, at the end of the 1960's, from the E.A.Carey Company. The Aerosphere is the only pipe I have that is not a Carey. It's also a beautifully crafted pipe, and one that smokes almost as dry as a Carey.

Maybe try a Carey?

Hope springs eternal. Where else can one hope to find contemporary mention of Duncan Hill pipes? Interestingly, I‘ve often found them offerred for sale on eBay.