Dunhill A21000 vs Lane 1Q

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Lane Limited 1Q is reported to be the number one selling blend...period. It’s sold by most B&M outfits under one name or another. I first bought it years ago out of the long gone Dunhill store in downtown San Francisco as Dunhill A21000. It is still sold as that blend. They are certainly the same thing. And if you like aromatic blends, any way you slice it it’s good stuff. Truly delicious Vanilla Caramel Tobacco flavor and aroma. Given a spoon I would eat it from the bag it smells so dang good. Cool with no bite. Easy smoking. Low nicotine level. Crowd pleasing. Room friendly. Easy and pleasy, as they say. Yeah, it’s a little wet in the bowl, so pack some pipe cleaners. Lots of good reviews on the Tobacco Review site are better judged and written than this one...our own JimInks plus Pipestud, Steel Cowboy & strongirish all do a good review there. Check those out under the Lane 1Q name. Me? Well, I like good tobacco...aromatics, Burley blends, VaPers, etc., etc., etc. and if anyone asked me what I’d recommend in this genre...I’d likely tell ‘em to give this stuff a try. Like the perfect date on a Friday night...she’s pretty, she’s friendly, she has no pretenses, she’s eager to please...and she just smells SO good! That gets her a five star rating in my book.

Yep. My first order from SmokingPipes included that as a freebie. Thought it was ambrosia. Over the years I have heard of several different tobaccos being the best seller. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 1Q, but Captain Black White and MacBaren's Mixture, or Scottish Mixture, or whatever they're calling it now, have also been claimed as such. I agree--a great recommendation to a complete newbie.

On our site, it's not even close. We sell 40% Lane Limited 1-Q than the next closest blend, and it's been that was as long as I can remember.

Russ

blendtobac":fwgqnm2g said:
On our site, it's not even close. We sell 40% Lane Limited 1-Q than the next closest blend, and it's been that was as long as I can remember.

Russ

Assume you mean “40% MORE” of the 1Q blend than the next closest?