Dunhill and an adventure-

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregE

Reaction score
I have been trolling the archive and wanting to build up my resume of different pipe tobaccos in an effort to feel legitimate among you "briar dogs"....so I have about 4 diffrent tins ordered of new tobaccos and the first one arrived today...it was Dunhills early morning pipe. I liked it okay, and is very much different, but compared to Walnut...I still like Walnut the best, though early morning pipe by Dunhill will be nice for a change of pace.
On another note, earlier this week I found myself with an hour to kill so I pulled up my favorite lawn chair in the front yard, (my wife doesnt let me smoke in the house- which is not as bad as it sounds, since it affords me some quite solitude away from the little firecracker)- and lit up a bowl of Walnut. I couldnt find my regular pipe lighter with the normal flame, so I used my cigar butane lighter torch. I was using one of my corncobs cause I was in a corncob mood, and I guess the butane torch is much hotter than the normal flame lighter I always use on my pipes, cause the doggone corncob caught on fire and I was a bit baffled to see this huge flame shooting out just inches from my face.....I hadn't had that happen before but it was very exciting. To make matters worse, an older woman was walking her dog down the sidewalk just 10 feet away from me and watched as my face disappeared behind a wall of flames and my hair and eyebrows all singed off. Shortly thereafter my whole body erupted into a human torch as I spontaneously combusted and melted down through the lawn chair and created my own crop circle in the front yard lawn. Thankfully a super hero in shockingly bright leotards landed right in front of me from some high altitude and rescued me by stomping the flames out on my face and body. After a quick lecture on using a cigar butane torch lighter to ignite a corncob pipe he shouted something about "up, up and away" and I quickly found myself smoking all over and alone in the front yard with the old lady and her dog staring up into the sky to where the caped superhero had just disappeared.
Although some of the above story maybe hallucinations brought on by post traumatic pipe syndrome, I firmly remember the old lady and flaming corncob were very real.
That is my most recent pipe adventure and have decided that is definately a mans hobby this pipe smoking and it is not for the timid or weak of heart. It takes courage to participate in this great adventure and I have once again found that I have prevailed against the weaknesses of my own humanity using the "pipe tool" to amputate cowardice from my character and the ancient invention of fire to excise fear from my soul. Thank you brothers for your example and the force of the briar brotherhood be with you all!!

GregE":pxt6k1zb said:
I have been trolling the archive and wanting to build up my resume of different pipe tobaccos in an effort to feel legitimate among you "briar dogs"....so I have about 4 diffrent tins ordered of new tobaccos and the first one arrived today...it was Dunhills early morning pipe. I liked it okay, and is very much different, but compared to Walnut...I still like Walnut the best, though early morning pipe by Dunhill will be nice for a change of pace.
On another note, earlier this week I found myself with an hour to kill so I pulled up my favorite lawn chair in the front yard, (my wife doesnt let me smoke in the house- which is not as bad as it sounds, since it affords me some quite solitude away from the little firecracker)- and lit up a bowl of Walnut. I couldnt find my regular pipe lighter with the normal flame, so I used my cigar butane lighter torch. I was using one of my corncobs cause I was in a corncob mood, and I guess the butane torch is much hotter than the normal flame lighter I always use on my pipes, cause the doggone corncob caught on fire and I was a bit baffled to see this huge flame shooting out just inches from my face.....I hadn't had that happen before but it was very exciting. To make matters worse, an older woman was walking her dog down the sidewalk just 10 feet away from me and watched as my face disappeared behind a wall of flames and my hair and eyebrows all singed off. Shortly thereafter my whole body erupted into a human torch as I spontaneously combusted and melted down through the lawn chair and created my own crop circle in the front yard lawn. Thankfully a super hero in shockingly bright leotards landed right in front of me from some high altitude and rescued me by stomping the flames out on my face and body. After a quick lecture on using a cigar butane torch lighter to ignite a corncob pipe he shouted something about "up, up and away" and I quickly found myself smoking all over and alone in the front yard with the old lady and her dog staring up into the sky to where the caped superhero had just disappeared.
Although some of the above story maybe hallucinations brought on by post traumatic pipe syndrome, I firmly remember the old lady and flaming corncob were very real.
That is my most recent pipe adventure and have decided that is definately a mans hobby this pipe smoking and it is not for the timid or weak of heart. It takes courage to participate in this great adventure and I have once again found that I have prevailed against the weaknesses of my own humanity using the "pipe tool" to amputate cowardice from my character and the ancient invention of fire to excise fear from my soul. Thank you brothers for your example and the force of the briar brotherhood be with you all!!
:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :affraid:

Nice review !!! :cheers:

wharfrathoss":27v6jba1 said:
what exactly was in that pipe your were smoking?
It was Walnut !!!,,,,,one thousand and one uses,,,use #534, campfire tinder,,,,

Great story Greg! Sounds like one of my escapades when driving down the freeway and smoking.