Dunhill Brings Back Elizabethan Mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, It's Sunday and as I promised I loaded up a pipe that I normally smoke DF in with the Elizabethan and grab my cup of coffee and out to the porch. At first light it came across very mild, a flavor all it's own. After getting down a little further in the bowl, WOW! I could see this has a bit more nic then any Vaper I smoked in the past and found myself taking healthier sips from my coffee to blend the flavors but, still a smooth enjoyable smoke. Being I have limited experience with Vapers the closest thing it comes to would be a mild Wessex BS with just the right amount of Perique without the heavy pepperness, yeah I know, that's not a word. It did have it's moments of Escudoess (Websters tossing in his grave right now) but, faintly.
It burnt even and faster then many but, again the nic kept me from wanting more. All in all I enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. A few more bowls I think will reveal a much better picture. I purchased two tins so one is cellared in hopes of future enjoyment. My first impression after finishing the bowl would be I prefer the darker Virgina's as in Escudo but, like I said, a few more bowls will tell the story.
Don't anyone take my review of this to heart. This is only my first bowl and I've smoked little else other then Escudo and what I already mentioned. Besides my taste seems to be much different then many.