Dunhill tobacco history

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davedyer

Reaction score
I've been attempting to read some things about the history of the justly renowned Dunhill tobaccos but have been hitting a blank wall. For example, monbla256 provided the following link for information posted on the Loring web pages. http://loringpage.com/pipearticles/duntob1.htm Unfortunately, the link leads nowhere. A google search has proven equally fruitless. Does anyone have a current link to the info? Thanks and peaceful puffing to you all.

davedyer":65lk4ugc said:
I've been attempting to read some things about the history of the justly renowned Dunhill tobaccos but have been hitting a blank wall. For example, monbla256 provided the following link for information posted on the Loring web pages. http://loringpage.com/pipearticles/duntob1.htm Unfortunately, the link leads nowhere. A google search has proven equally fruitless. Does anyone have a current link to the info? Thanks and peaceful puffing to you all.
Mr. Loring recently died and his family has chosen to not continue his web pages. He was a MAJOR Dunhill collector and researcher. You might try contacting Greg Pease about some sources. mr. Loring's work is being sorely missed for sure. This happened AFTER I had posted the link. Sorry :p

Thanks for the quick update monbla 256. I suspected it might be the case that Mr. Loring had passed away. I think I visited his site some years ago - a wealth of info indeed. Maybe should have copied and pasted all that valuable stuff. Just like I should have bought every tin of the real Balkan Sobranie available, back when the world was young. Thanks again.

THANKS daveinlax! That's the stuff. The internet archive is a wonderful source for all kinds of goodies, but i didn't think of looking there. May all your descendants be wonderfully blessed down to the 7th generation. Hoping all your smokes are cool, sweet and serene, please believe me to be, grateful, gratified, and feeling groovy.