Dutch pipe smokers meeting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Romijn

Reaction score
I was looking for a location to organize a meeting for members of the Dutch pipe smokers forum for a while. It's hard to find a good location where it's alowed to smoke nowaday's. When I went to a local restaurant with my wife, she told me, after she visited the toilets upstairs, I really had to take a look up-stairs. Well...I wondered what could be so interesting about the toilets, but okay...I went upstairs. The building once was the local train station, a beautiful old building. Besides the toilets there were different rooms upstairs...and one of them was a beautiful smoking room !! With great interior, air cleaners etc.
Well...last saturday we had our meeting. 10 members showed up from all over Holland, even a member from belgium. The place where I live is positioned quite central, so no-one had to drive longer then 1,5 hour. (our country is quite small )
We had a great time ! One of the members who organises whisky nosing and tastings, brought some wonderfull whisky's for us to taste (and his wonderfull collection of Winslow pipes). Many members brought tobacco samples, so there was a lot to try and taste. We started at 12 in the afternoon, I wen't home at 22|:00. It was a great day.
Pictures can be seen at my website, at the "Other Stuff" section. ( Pipe Smokers Meeting Leerdam)