Duty Tax

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
A first: today I received a bill for $14.62 import duty from FedEx for my recent international purchase of the NeatPipes/Radice AeroBilliard. I'm wondering what kind of teeth this collection effort will have. If FedEx can't collect it, does it get turned over to IRS? Who gets this money?

I threw it out.

Yup. It gets turned over to the IRS. They WILL collect at all costs. They have been known to trigger audits for unpaid duty collections. Feel free to PM me, I kinda know a little about the topic first hand. :p

Happened to me months age when I bought my pipe from luca. I paid it. I have enough trouble with the IRS as it is

alfredo_buscatti":nyyxac55 said:
OK I pay;).
Keep hearing all the time that they can't legally collect taxes. Stand up for all our BoB rights, Alfredo. You da man.

P.S. Let us know what day is visiting day.

Stand by your principles Alfredo - don't pay that unfair tax! Anyway, I hear Federal prisons are NICE! Kinda like dorm rooms with a roommate , uniforms that fit, and cafeteria like dinning halls !! But sadly you won't get to smoke till you get out so be good, but I hear that you can buy ANYTHING in prison :twisted: :twisted:

you can buy ANYTHING in prison

That'll be great. He can pick up original Balkan Sobranie and all the original Dunhill blends for us at the old list prices. I bet the government has warehouses full of it from seizures. Probably kept in the same one they put Indiana Jones' Ark of the Covenant in.

Check on Napoleon Brandy while you're at it, Alfredo.

What a dedicated BoB to do this for all of us.

Two days after I got the bill, not as yet paid, I got a reminder stating that my only other option was to climb the tree growing through the slats in my wooden front porch, ascending it like Jack's beanstalk. Then, if I could take out the Giant by a lightening fast blow to the nuts, I would not only not be eaten but also be out of reach from the IRS. Given the alternatives of facing the Giant without the aid of skill with a slingshot or those comfy prison denims, I paid.

Sorry to disappoint! Monbla, very funny post!

Boy, ya just can't trust Italian nobility can ya, Monbla? He must be descended from the Borgia or Medici family.