Dylan Alexander

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irene Adler

Reaction score
Just though you might enjoy some pictures of our son. :D

This was him the day he was born:

newbornjpg.jpg

Aaron and Alex in the hospital:
lap.jpg

and just a cute one:
alex.jpg

and the new dad:
alex3.jpg

Very cool. Reminds me of the day I took my daughter home. Didn't sleep a wink the first day just because I sat and watched her all night.

She's 17 now and I don't sleep for other reasons. :lol:

Congratulations. Babies are such grand things. Your journey now begins. It is a great experience to watch them grow. I still remember bringing my son home twenty odd years ago.

When I think of the name Alexander... I think of "Alexander the Great"... interesting how couples choose names. Dylan reminds me of course of "Bobby Dylan"... is this how you chose the name of Alexander?

Awesome!!!

You have so much to look forward too!

I am envious!!!

Great looking kid, but whose the scruffy looking character holding her? :lol: (Aaron, get a haircut! :suspect: ) :lol!:

Slow Puffs":c2zipsyh said:
When I think of the name Alexander... I think of "Alexander the Great"... interesting how couples choose names. Dylan reminds me of course of "Bobby Dylan"... is this how you chose the name of Alexander?
Bob Dylan is actually on of my favorite artists so in his honor I named my son after him a little. I also like the work of the poet Dylan Thomas so it works out well. Amy on the other hand has always really liked the name Alexander so she gave him his middle name. I like to think he's named after Alexander the Great. However my great great great grandfather was named Alexander so there is a bit of a family connection.

Puff Daddy":6v11k5yc said:
Great looking kid, but whose the scruffy looking character holding her? :lol: (Aaron, get a haircut! :suspect: ) :lol!:
her? lol. actually I did shortly after those pics were taken. I used to have really long hair down to my shoulders with a big burly beard. It. was. awesome.

Aaron you're a lucky fella. We have five children... my wife never let me have a a choice in naming the kids... I was always veto-ed :x . Great looking child though... does he have your looks or Irene's? I always razzed my wife that "you named them" but unfortunately they look like me. :shock:

Congrats on the good lookin' kid!

Still a bit too soon for kids in my opinion for myself.
:cheers:

SmokeyTweed":80z46i7z said:
Still a bit too soon for kids in my opinion for myself.
:cheers:
I was hoping to at least have my degree before having children, but it's alright. I love Alex a lot and can't imagine life without him anymore.

Aaron":g9f91knf said:
Puff Daddy":g9f91knf said:
her? lol. actually I did shortly after those pics were taken. I used to have really long hair down to my shoulders with a big burly beard. It. was. awesome.
Aaron,

As long as you are in a position to not have to cut your hair and you like it that way then don't cut it! I use to have long hair all one length many years ago and preferred it that way. Pull it back in a pony tail and keep on going. Then I got caught up in the corporate machine. Mainly out of necessity but if it wasn't for that I would never put a scissor to my head. When I ever get free from the corporate world and God willing, I'll never cut my hair again.

Lots of beautiful babies around here! :sunny:
Congratulations Aaron & Amy (aka Irene) your lives will never be the same.
My wife & I were older (32 & 34) when we had our first of two children (now 7 & 5 yrs old). We were both back in school & me starting my third career and she working on her masters degree. She dropped the masters work for a few years, then finished up when the babies were old enough to go to my parents for the day. Don't worry about school, things will work out- they usually do :sunny: . And Aaron don't worry bout the hair nor beard, I've started letting mine grow after always keeping a very conservative look, I feel its now time for a change. :afro:

We took family pictures on Sunday and I thought I might share a few. (Leave it to me to be such a girl!) Alex is growing so fast!

14.jpg

11.jpg

8-1.jpg

That third picture really made me smile :D That's one good looking baby!!

m2j3t6":58b9gjqs said:
I must agree!!!! But with such a beautiful mother and handsome father one would expect nothing less.

m2j3t6":wfa8vipi said:
Amen! What a happy looking child and a great looking family all around!!!