#@%$!& Ear Worms...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vito

Charter member
Reaction score
You know how it happens...some doggone thang just comes outa nowhere and it triggers some stupid thing from the distant past...like the Kellogg's Sugar Corn Pops jingle:

Oh the Pops are sweeter
And the taste is new
They're shot with sugar
Through and through

Kelll-ogg's Sugar Corn Pops
Sugar Pops are tops

...and it won't go back where it came from.
984760.gif

72308.png

I haven't heard it in 45 years, but the Salem "springtime fresh" song still pops into my head from time to time. Never even smoked the damn things.

I got stuck on "Ancient Chinese Secret" the other day while washing clothes.

" ... Hammms, the beer of sky blue waters..." and those damn bears been stuck in my head since I was a kid  :p  :p

Puff Daddy":dmkb0ass said:
Got milk? :lol:
That must be a relatively recent thang, PD. Evidently I've been spared onna counta I only do Netflix. Haven't done commercial TV in...jeez, many years now. I can't remember when I last watched any. Good thing, too. There's already enough noise inside mah haid.

Andy Lowry":dmkb0ass said:
I haven't heard it in 45 years, but the Salem "springtime fresh" song still pops into my head from time to time. Never even smoked the damn things.
Glad I missed it. :mrgreen:

Hereward":dmkb0ass said:
I got stuck on "Ancient Chinese Secret" the other day while washing clothes.
I missed that one too. So I Googled it, and found it on YouTube. It’s admittedly irritating, but it least it doesn’t have a jingle, so for me it’s mercifully forgettable. And when it ended, the YouTube page led me to this treat: Eric Johnson rules!

72308.png

For me it's songs and the only way that I can dislodge them is to sit down and listen to the song all the way through.

The T Berry Shuffle for T Berry gum. What's maddening is when I walk I now shuffle and then that song enters my mind and I find myself trying to do the dance. A pitiful site indeed. :roll: :oops: :fpalm: 

AJ

ajn27511":ql6lvp3x said:
The T Berry Shuffle for T Berry gum. What's maddening is when I walk I now shuffle and then that song enters my mind and I find myself trying to do the dance. A pitiful site indeed. :roll: :oops: :fpalm: 

AJ
Maybe, but I'd still like to see it. ;)

Man,

"Ear worms" as you so aptly call them, about put me in the nut house sometimes (no a far drive:). If you've had any kids, you'll know how those ridiculous kid's jingles and songs will stick with you like nothing else.

I sometimes have to count until it's gone, or try to get another song in my head that isn't so catchy.

Growley":wbg5gsp8 said:
...If you've had any kids, you'll know how those ridiculous kid's jingles and songs will stick with you like nothing else.

I sometimes have to count until it's gone, or try to get another song in my head that isn't so catchy.
I have kids, but they seldom watched TV while they were growing up. They still don't. So most of the poisonous little aural annelids that afflict me are insidious irritants that have come back to haunt me from my own kidhood.

Sometimes they show up and I have no clue why. Yesterday I had one from a TV sitcom. It took me about 15 seconds to figure out that it was the theme from the Dick Van Dyke Show, featuring Mary Tyler Moore's cone boobs. (Hey...it was the '60s, the testosterone was waking up, and...well, certain points were immediately noticeable.)

Once I figure out what they are, it's easier to dump them. Of course, if I have immediate access to music, listening to something else usually does the trick.

72308.png

OOOOOHH, who lives in a pineapple under the sea.......

:x  friggin damned kids..... :x 

Nah, best 2 commercials of all time!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RFK_ek36_co" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y_oem9BqUTI" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's one that will earn me the rancor of all those old enough to remember but not old enough to forget...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/juNSYH7RveY" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...obviously with Ricky Ricardo's band playing. :twisted:

72308.png