Earls Court pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontariopiper

Reaction score
HI folks,

I'm working on an estate pipe restoration and I'm trying to figure out what I've got here.

The pipe is stamped "EARLS COURT" over "LONDON MADE" on the left flank and "LONDON ENGLAND" on the right.

Coming up empty on both Pipedia.org and Pipephil,eu, and Google searches return a host of hits related to Earl's Court, the street, in London.

Anyone familiar with this brand? The pipe I'm working on is a nicely made Prince shape, without fills or other flaws in the briar. I'm guessing it was made by one of the big pipe houses in London, but there's no shape number or other identifying stamp on which to build that claim.

Thanks in advance. Pics of the pipe:

Could there possibly be any tobacco shops on Earls Court? Maybe it's a house brand of a shop there. I don't know, just wondering. I have a pipe stamped "English pipe shop". When I googled it, I got that name in London of a pipe shop, and also one that closed down in Chicago, Ill. :?:

Corncobcon":hctbbbha said:
Could there possibly be any tobacco shops on Earls Court?  Maybe it's a house brand of a shop there.  I don't know, just wondering.  I have a pipe stamped "English pipe shop".  When I googled it, I got that name in London of a pipe shop, and also one that closed down in Chicago, Ill.  :?:
This could very well be the case, Corncobcon. I have gotten search hits on tobacconists on Earls Court Rd, but so far haven't found a link to the pipe brand.

The hunt continues!

The stampings are deep and crisp, telling me anyway!) this is a well-made pipe. You might consider going thru Pipepedia, etc. and just reviewing the various stampings. Tedious, but you might find something similar. Nice, square, sharp stamping/s will be easy to see, just a time-consuming exercise!! :cheers: FTRPLT