Easter Sunday and Lots of Stores Are Open

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RSteve

Reaction score
In today's Mpls. newspaper, there'a partial list of stores open today. It's a far cry from when I was a kid, when very few retail businesses were open on Sunday and virtually none on holidays. As an owner of a business that ran 24/7-365, I always gave employees a choice of working on holidays (double pay or double comp time) and almost always had employees fighting for the holiday hours to work. My older daughter (42) when in H.S., worked part time at a restaurant. She said holiday tips were always much greater than at any time and everyone wanted to work holidays.
I am surprised by the number of chain grocery supermarkets that are open.

After the huge level of lost income over the past year I can easily imagine employees and business owners are eager to be open AMAP. Big grocery centers were open here. My son picked up a take out dinner from a restaurant that resides in a major “retail neighborhood “ (an area 4-6 blocks in size with LOTS of retail stores) and said the restaurant was the only place open. Now that place was going strong with seemingly all tables occupied and three deep in the take-out line. It was a chain Chinese place and I was pleased to patronize them especially given the stupidity some of those in the Asian community have suffered. That plus the food is off the chart fantastic.