eBay Lately!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I can remember the ooohs and aaaahs last spring and summer at the prices I paid for some tins of tobacco. But it ain't nothing compared to what some of these guys are paying lately. I have been getting my backside kicked in some of these auctions.

A 50g tin of Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium, block lettering, just went for $68.99. A couple months ago I paid less than half that. :shock:

Leaves me wishing I trusted ebay enough to sale some stuff there.....

Carlos,

I am not familiar with "block lettering." About what year was that Dunhill Mix Med?

thomas james":6qt9s0du said:
Carlos,

I am not familiar with "block lettering." About what year was that Dunhill Mix Med?
TJ,

I think he's talking about what we called the "long tails lettering" that was the norm til' the current cursive lettering style came along... Just a guess? Am I correct Carlos?...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

puros_bran":nnripglu said:
Leaves me wishing I trusted ebay enough to sale some stuff there.....
PB,

I haven't transacted any business lately on eBay but in the past I have sold quite a few pipes and have purchased quite a few items off of eBay. I can honestly say that I have never really had any problems with any of my eBay deals with the exception of one minor bump. I purchased an antique pipe display from a guy up in WI and he was very slow with shipping. I just called my credit card company and told them about it and I guess they contacted him. Needless to say it lit a fire under his a** and the item arived about two days later.