Ebola Virus in US

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
It appears that Ebola has now been transmitted here in the US. A female health care worker was infected treating an Ebola patient in a Texas hospital.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/health/ebola-nurse-how-could-this-happen/index.html

The woman, Nina Pham, took basic precautions while treating Ebola-stricken Liberian national Thomas Eric Duncan at a Dallas hospital. Now she is the first person to have contracted the deadly virus in the United States.

Is anyone following this? How bad is it going to get?

I'm worried about this.

I've been paying close attention to the developments. What disturbs me is all of the retractions. One day, the word is it is contained, a few days later it has spread further... one day it is impossible to get except for direct contact with bodily fluids, a few days later doctors are getting it even though they have followed all protocols. I also find it disturbing that they say this virus thrives in cold climates, right here as we enter the Fall and Winter seasons.

And to think, it was probably created in a laboratory right down the road from me... :shock:

I don't want to get it and my chances are fairly good that I won't because I stay away from people and crowds except to go to Walmart twice a month, which I reckon would be enough to catch it.
Although I'm not going to worry about it, nor am I going to do anything different then usual to keep from getting it. A lot worse things could happen, like Obama being re-elected or having to live another 60 years.

Oh! Jack, don't worry about the pipe, I haven't got Ebola yet. ;)

Cartaphilus":zmcqsxc9 said:
I don't want to get it and my chances are fairly good that I won't because I stay away from people and crowds except to go to Walmart twice a month, which I reckon would be enough to catch it.
Although I'm not going to worry about it, nor am I going to do anything different then usual to keep from getting it. A lot worse things could happen, like Obama being re-elected or having to live another 60 years.

How far do you live from Dallas??? :lol!:

I'm with you about not getting it by going out into crowds. I don't even do the Walmart thing.

Simple Man":lb5umuqj said:
Cartaphilus":lb5umuqj said:

How far do you live from Dallas??? :lol!:

I'm with you about not getting it by going out into crowds. I don't even do the Walmart thing.
It's about 2 hours away.

"If you like your Ebola, you can keep your Ebola; it is part of the new Obamacare plan." --Michael Savage

Richard Burley":1gand6vu said:
"If you like your Ebola, you can keep your Ebola; it is part of the new Obamacare plan." --Michael Savage
Aaaah Michael Savage, the national Village Idiot :twisted: :twisted:

Tsk tsk.. You boys need to keep the political stuff out of it before a mod comes and smacks your hand like a nun on her period.

Enterovirus D86 has killed more in the states.. H5N1 & Common Staph are a mutation or two away from decimating us...

puros_bran":j2q2zpn7 said:
Tsk tsk.. You boys need to keep the political stuff out of it before a mod comes and smacks your hand like a nun on her period.  

Enterovirus D86 has killed more in the states.. H5N1 & Common Staph are a mutation or two away from decimating us...  
Gee, aren't we a bundle of good news? :lol: "Strange days indeed.."

A few years back, during the H1N1 outbreak here, they shut the whole city down. All events in large public venues, or anywhere large groups of people gathered were cancelled. Luckily it was contained rather quickly. The difference between H1N1 and Ebola is that the majority of people died with H1N1, not because of it. In other words, existing conditions were worsened by H1N1. Ebola just kills you, period.

Unfortunately, just about every major disease is but a mutation or two away from becoming unstoppable. I better go buy ammo. :lol!:

Today the count is two healthcare workers that have Ebola in Dallas.

I didn't say H1N1, I said H5N1... HPAI A (H5N1)
Mutates at a spectacular rate.. Spawns non H5N1 virus as it goes just to screw with immunity.. Crazy stuff.

Ebola kills 5,000 in Africa and no one bats an eye..
Ebola kills 2 in the US and everyone loses their mind.

Everyone needs to calm down, we are sending the 82nd airborne to fight Ebola in Africa.. We will stomp ought this enemy that has expanded its terror campaign to our shores... (The funny thing is you think I'm joking here)

And THE Zuck has got involved.. He's donating money and telling us how to prevent the spread.... We really our done as a human race... If Ebola doesn't do it stupidty will.

MisterE":7ezgu5qm said:
I better go buy ammo. :lol!:
Good idea :D we may soon become the country of the walking dead. Gotta get stocked up! :lol!:

Worldwide, 233 doctors/nurses have died from Ebola, this year.
If I worked in an ER or was an EMT, I'd be concerned.
Me, I just don't normally get people's body fluids on me. ;)

Hermit":1rqrgxjz said:
Worldwide, 233 doctors/nurses have died from Ebola, this year.
If I worked in an ER or was an EMT, I'd be concerned.
Me, I just don't normally get people's body fluids on me.  ;)
AIDS was just making the scene when I started my career and so much was unknown about it. That's what led me into law enforcement instead of emt, which was my first choice. Little did I know cops also get blood on them from time to time. :lol:

It's a scary world nowadays if you have to make your living in these kinds of careers. I should have just stayed in the Navy. lol

It's amazing that the world has gone this long since the 1918 Influenza without another major pandemic of that proportion. The CDC and other countries' counterparts actually do a very good job given the possibility of disaster. I was impressed how quickly they acted here when the H1N1 avian flu hit. They weren't f--king around and it worked.

Unfortunately, Peeb's right. People here didn't really care much more about the Ebola outbreak than they did the Rwanda genocide. I guess it only counts when Bubba and Martha get sick... :evil: