Ebola Virus in US

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scary part is they're saying she wasn't wearing any of the PPE. I don't envy anyone being forced into this situation. Hopefully the government will get off its butt and issue hospitals with some kind of helpful information. Until then things are likely to just get worse.

It's impossible to contain with PPE.  It's like those 'rescue inhalers' we were required to carry in the chemical plants, by the time you actually find the thing to put on its to late.  

Spending 2.9 trillion (imaginary number I just made up, government will say it's way lower, hospitals will say it's way higher... We'll pay for it in higher taxes, higher medical cost, and higher insurance rates regardless)  to suit up every Medical filed worker won't stop it from spreading, and it won't keep them from contracting the virus.  I've been to a Surgeons office and a hospital since the outbreak.. They already have the copy machine signs on the counter and the receptionist/register/nurse whatever ask.. By the time I walk in there (if I had it) it's to late to ask those questions.     Plus all the PPE in the world doesn't keep Dr Doolittle  from catching it at the gentlemans club or Nurse Rhonda from catching it on the bus.

the bottom line is one guy made it to Dallas and got sick. then 2 healthcare workers with direct care got sick. no one with indirect contact hospitals/planes/ships or anyone that took care of the doc's they brought over when they became sick have become sick. so now we have a grand total of 2 sick healthcare workers.

So far, that we know of...   

Does the 'outbreak' Warrent concern? Duh....
Does it warrant the hysteria, the news coverage, the half a billion new hospital printer pages on "have you travelled to Liberia lately?" And an EBOLA Czar (wtf?, really? ).  Probably not.

zombie_zpsf10b75ad.jpg

Recent history suggests that what you guys get in the US, we get in the UK about 6 months later.
Can we please make this an exception? :D

By the way, aren't the Kardasians in Star Trek?
Oops - wrong spelling :oops:

As requested. Expecting a warning but just gotta say it. When you realize your mother will lie to you if she feels the need, then where does that put every one else?

Simple Man":ivlycag6 said:
Just heard a person in NYC has just tested positive for ebola.
It's true. He passed through JFK on his way back to the States. The CBP Officers that processed him REFERRED HIM FOR MEDICAL SCREENING AND HE WAS RELEASED BY CDC!!!!! :evil:

What really sucks is I was stockpiling for the zombie 'pocolypse and it turns out it just kills you.. What am I going to do with 750 crossbow bolts and all these sharp sticks?

puros_bran":55cck8k1 said:
What really sucks is I was stockpiling for the zombie 'pocolypse and it turns out it just kills you..   What am I going to do with 750 crossbow bolts and all these sharp sticks?
You could open up one of those carnival games where you try to shoot the arrow into the middle of the red star and use the sharp sticks to pop balloons for a prize!:roll:

Won't much matter if me and all my customers are dead from Ebola now will it...   This Sucks!!!