Edgeworth Ready Rubbed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highstump":f5pos25i said:
... I would guess that we may be seeing the demise of this blend once the back-stock is gone. I am not an optimist about these issues.
Crud, and I just ordered my first tin. Maybe I won't like it ... :tongue:

An update: Conwood reps would neither confirm nor deny any change in the availability of ERRd over the long term. My recommendation is prudence, and to spend some of the President's stimulus in cellaring a few tubs.

Gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I tell you that I just, literally, was on the telephone with Conwood, and ERRd will be no more after 1 July 2008. While I am not suicidal just yet, SWSL has removed many sharp, pointed objects from my immediate grasp. Reason given: "ERRd, VIP and Rum/Maple are poor sellers, and may not fit into the Conwood profile." These are sad days, indeed.

"Conwood may be reached from 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM CST. Call 901-761-2050 Monday through Friday, or write us at Conwood Sales Co. LLC or Conwood Company, LLC, P. O. Box 217, Memphis, TN 38101." Ask for Customer Service, ironically.

Now, there may be some disparity w/ others who may have called or attempted contact w/ Conwood. But, the Customer Service rep's comments to me were quite emphatic. Conwood is retaining Sail, Smokers' Pride, and SWR. 105 years of tobacco history down the crapper.

Sad news Bob!

Sorry J_Rock! It is a bummer to fall in love with a blend only to find a few days later that it is being discontinued. Maybe someone will pick it up and not change it too drastically.

Justpipes":b488ouwi said:
Sad news Bob!

Sorry J_Rock! It is a bummer to fall in love with a blend only to find a few days later that it is being discontinued. Maybe someone will pick it up and not change it too drastically.
Perhaps a well known blender who favors the burley leaf and is no small fan of ERR'd, (cough, cough, Bob) will come up with something similar for the C&D folks to produce. 8)

Just sort of thinking out loud here. :pipe:

Justpipes":9yrj0gns said:
Sad news Bob!

This is not fair and unjust!!!! :darklord: :darklord: :darklord:

Well now,you must go see Don Corleone for your justice. :lol:

On another note,Stalin would not have allowed such a thing to happen.If the
Boss wanted Edgeworth tobacco he would have seen to it.

Winslow

Got my first tin of this yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I opened the can & took a whiff. I recogonized the fragrance immediately. So I ask my wife "What does this smell like?" She says- "Yeah, what is that..." "Chocolate!" Smells exactly like the cocoa husks you put on gardens. :suspect:

Indeed this is a very sad day for lovers of ERRd. Thanks for the heads up, Bob, so we can stock up while it's available. Perhaps you and Craig can work on a solution to this problem? :lol:

Smokey :pipe:

If anyone would like an ERR sample, send me a PM with your address & I'll send you an ounce or two (while supplies last) :)

OK, just not my cup of tea :pipe:

GarWood":uzue934k said:
...OK (ERRd) just not my cup of tea :pipe:
You are on our prayer list at Church, and an exorcism is scheduled for next week :darklord: We'll help you over this patch of trouble.

I did see several tins of ERR'd at JR's about two weeks ago in Smithfield, NC and I have seen it recently at the one in Burlington. Apparently there is still a decent inventory of it around.

morleysson":5gndfcfx said:
GarWood":5gndfcfx said:
...OK (ERRd) just not my cup of tea :pipe:
You are on our prayer list at Church, and an exorcism is scheduled for next week :darklord: We'll help you over this patch of trouble.

No soup for you! One year! :face:

Next!

just got my first tin today and smoked a small bowl, this is what I came up with to say about it

Edgeworth Ready Rub
American Tobacco
Simply the finest!

As of last July. Lane Limited ceased to produce Edgeworth Ready Rubbed. Like so many great blends, it has gone the way of the dinosaur and at this writing has become very, very scarce. I'm glad I stocked up.

Bill
The last time I was in JR's ( about 3 weeks ago) they had 2 or 3 cans of ERR'd on the shelf at normal retail prices. You might try their mail order if you need more