Edwards Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgtarheel

Reaction score
Just picked up two old Edwards pipes Algerian Briar and oil cured. These two pipes are great smokers even better than some of my higher dollar pipes. OBTW one pipe cost $39 and the other cost $26. Does the Algerian briar make that much difference or is it the oil curing, maybe both? Your thoughts please.

I have 2 old Edwards, both great smokers, and neither were expensive. Monbla should be along anytime to opinionate on the Algerian briar/oil curing.

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for posting that, ZM. I'd forgotten that I have that large billiard. Apparently five dozen or so pipes is about my limit for a manageable collection.

mgtarheel":uhrzptnc said:
Just picked up two old Edwards pipes Algerian Briar and oil cured.  These two pipes are great smokers even better than some of my higher dollar pipes.  OBTW one pipe cost $39 and the other cost $26.  Does the Algerian briar make that much difference or is it the oil curing, maybe both? Your thoughts please.
Both. You can't go wrong with a used Edwards pipe. Also, back til the late '60s Dunhill used oil cured Algerian briar for their Shell finished pipes and BBB made ALL of their pipes from oil cured Algerian briar in ALL of their finishes. You can NEVER go wrong with good oil cured Algerian briar !! :twisted: :twisted: