Edwards pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have several, two to be exact. One is an Oom Paul that an old buddy once gifted me. The other is temporarily lost and I can't remember the shape!? :scratch: In any case they're both great smokers.

Sorry no pics.

Cheers,

RR

I have four. Sorry no pictures. I'm just not that tech savey. :cyclops:

We used to have a resident Edwards expert and collector, didn't we? Had a website for their collection and all. Anyone remember their user name?

I like their large billiards, but two things 1) I don't smoke large pipes like that anymore 2) am snobby about fills in my pipes. I have this weird appreciation/disdain for the folk artiness of many Edwards. Their carvers genuinely seemed to have free reign, which is great and interesting, but they also missed the mark an awful lot of the time (for me).

I've owned a couple. Fair smokers. Solid construction. Sort of what I would consider a blue collar, workingman's pipe. Like Stanwell. Good value, and a steal on the estate market.

Does anyone know who bought the shop after James sold it?

Maybe Harold Boots ( now deceased)?

Was just wondering what happened to it. Love my Edwards pipes. Is there still a factory in Florida? Haven’t been able to find anything out about it.

I have many Edwards and enjoy them all.

Thanks,
Danny

I worked for Edwards for many years right after college. It was the best job I ever had, even if it didn't pay worth beans! I have approximately 50 Edwards pipes, many in the upper end of the grading scale, and will cheerfully admit to a huge bias in favor of them. I still get their tobacco, even though my nanny state will not legally allow tobacco to be mailed to Washington. Fortunately I have friends.

From my perspective, they were worth ever dollar I paid, and are (if they have been carefully loved over the years) still a great pipe. I'm referring to the algerian briars from the early years through the mid 80s. I don't have anything newer than that (although a Savinelli handmade and Peterson managed to slip into the collection somehow...LOL).

I think I have four Edwards pipes. I used to buy them at the Edwards in Tampa.

I used to hang out there a bit when I was at McDill. Not sure if they are still open though.

I worked for Edwards for many years right after college. It was the best job I ever had, even if it didn't pay worth beans! I have approximately 50 Edwards pipes, many in the upper end of the grading scale, and will cheerfully admit to a huge bias in favor of them. I still get their tobacco, even though my nanny state will not legally allow tobacco to be mailed to Washington. Fortunately I have friends.

From my perspective, they were worth ever dollar I paid, and are (if they have been carefully loved over the years) still a great pipe. I'm referring to the algerian briars from the early years through the mid 80s. I don't have anything newer than that (although a Savinelli handmade and Peterson managed to slip into the collection somehow...LOL).
Are there any online sellers who can ship to / within Washington? I'm over on the East side, and therefore not near any of Seattle/Tacoma's few pipe shops.

I have two Edwards pipes and they are fantastic smokers. I’ll post a pic some day.

My one and only Leonard's:
1646495715391.jpeg

If you are an old Ebayer, you can tell from the photo who I got it from.