Eight pipes, four stems?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
The new additions to the rotation. So far, I've only smoked out of the one I made at the first edition of "The Torture of Bella's Whine". Funny thing about it, I had a Missouri Meerschaum cob stem I had floating around, a short bent one. Then the two longer and thinner warden stems, and that blasted amber one. Trying to get some sort of uniformity going, I just carried whatever current stem around in my pocket for a few days.. Now that I'm looking for places to put them, I'm realizing I REALLY just have a bunch of extra bowls and a few scant stems I keep in a tight rotation.....

Kinda silly, yes?

Here are some roughs for shaping.

You certainly have some good projects going on there Ozzie. And you'll catch up with the stems in due course, but right now you got your priorities and the bowls are at the top of the list.

Anyway, that's how I look at it.

Cheers,

RR

Might as well go ahead and invest in some rod stock, and some delrin for cutting tenons. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dutch":fdzo9fbg said:
Might as well go ahead and invest in some rod stock, and some delrin for cutting tenons. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
(SIGH) You're probably right. Guess I need to look around for a place to get some...

Dutch":4hyasu3y said:
Ozark Wizard":4hyasu3y said:
Dutch":4hyasu3y said:
(SIGH) You're probably right. Guess I need to look around for a place to get some...
http://vermontfreehand.com/
I checked them out, and wow do they have a lot of stuff! I'm going into the bustling metropolis of Nixa at the beginning of the month for sundries, and there are a couple of places that have rod stock I want to look at. If I can't find it there, I have some favorites picked out on their website...

I might need a drill press to do my own stems out of rod stock though. Don't know if my eyes are that good to sight such a narrow stock and stay true with my 18 volt cordless...