Einstein’s pipes up on auction! Don’t miss it!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Got $20K to $30K laying around burning a hole? The smoking pipes of Albert Einstein are up on auction. Personally, they look like junk…but if they make you smarter (?) maybe.

7F22A822-E303-47C2-8FD7-1E43298FDBC1.jpeg

The story…Albert Einstein’s tobacco pipe collection up for auction with bids over $20K

Of all the photos I've seen of him smoking a pipe, every one I ever saw looked like a Dunhill straight billiard, nothing else.

I'd appreciate this most if it was in a museum. Context. But hey, collectors. We're a goofy lot.

I'm skeptical. Einstein was known to be a very practical person. Just don't see him smoking ornately carved or fancy pipes.

I'm skeptical. Einstein was known to be a very practical person. Just don't see him smoking ornately carved or fancy pipes.
Whatever. He might have been a “weird pipe” closet smoker. He might have used the straight billiards for photo op sessions…or while lecturing. He might have given the funky pipes to relatives…who are now auctioning them. Who really knows?

Also, note how beat half to death the pipes look. Definitely “collector” pieces and not smokers.

Maybe, maybe not!! Notice the bent pipe on the back row on the right end has a straight stem!! The pipe on the front row between the two meers has a slightly bent stem...on backwards!! It's not my $20k!! Why do I care??? FTRPLT