Elderly man calmly smokes pipe as car sinks into pond

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Reaction score
image.jpg

Firefighters rescue a man in his eighties from his half-submerged car in a farmer's pond in Loxley, U.K., on Aug. 11, 2015. 

It was a moment you might see in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, but not one you’d expect to happen in real life.
With his car slowly sinking into a farmer’s pond in the English countryside, a man in his eighties calmly puffed away on his pipe, waiting for firefighters to rescue him from the swiftly-rising water.
Emergency responders say the man was quite relaxed while he waited to be rescued from the pond, which he drove into on Tuesday afternoon near Loxley, in South Yorkshire, Britain. Photos released by paramedics show the man’s vehicle submerged up to the bottom of its windows, or about mid-chest level on the driver.
Still, the man in the car did not panic. “He smoked his pipe and chatted to the farmer, who went into the lake in waders,” the West Midlands Ambulance Service said in a statement.
Firefighters helped the man out of the car and brought him to shore, where he was found to be unharmed.
“He wasn’t hurt or even cold,” paramedics said.
The man had gone to the pond to fish and accidentally drove into the water, they said.
His wet clothing was removed and paramedics gave him a ride home in the ambulance.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/elderly-man-calmly-smokes-pipe-as-car-sinks-into-pond-1.2513221

My brother sent me the story on FB the other day. (The header up there was his comment). I guess pipers have what the French call the ol' "Cool-blood", in french of course.

"His wet clothing was removed and paramedics gave him a ride home in the ambulance."

So, they hauled away a naked old guy smoking his pipe............

Sweet............