ELECTION DAY...2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterD

Reaction score
...Hope all you Brothers will be voting tomorrow...or voted early...Every vote does count!

That's what we say here in Kentucky.. Vote early, vote often! Never forget dead Uncle Charlie has a vote (or seven) too!

I'm an election official in my county, and already voted in Marylands "Early Voting" session.
My day starts at 5:45 AM when I enter my polling precinct. Voting ends at 8 PM and it will take us until about 9:30 PM to shut down the machines and record everything. I'll then deliver all of my records to the Board of Elections. I'll walk out of there around 11 PM.

My wife is the campaign director for one of Maryland's gubernatorial candidates. She's been working night and day for the past month and just walked into the house at 9:30 Pm. She'll also be out at 5:30 AM setting up signs and such before he polls open.

A victory party is planned for 10 PM. I'll just stop in, say hello and head for home.

One hell of a long day, but enjoyable. And, I get a few hundred bucks for my effort, which goes to...some pipes.

Our Board is crying for volunteers, as I suspect many are around the country. Many of the poll workers are aging seniors, who struggle a bit with the new digital equipment. If you have the time, it is an interesting process.

I hope everyone does get out and vote!

I've voted every year since '67 and now with early voting which makes things easier do it this way !! If ya don't participate in the process, ya really have no right to complain !! So get out and vote !! :twisted: :twisted:

I very much disagree with the "if ya don't vote don't bitch" cliche. When all that's offered is corruption why would an honest man be complicit in the activity... We've voted for the less of two evil for at least 5 decades and look where we are.

It's so bad in Kentucky that most people aren't even aware there are any choices besides Allison Lunderson Grimes (a despicable woman that toes Obama's line and then lies about it) and Mitch McConnell (a dispicable man that steps on the necks of the people and calls it freedom) The Demublicans actually prevented anyone besides their two Jack boots from being on the public station (KET)debate by citing Freedom of The Press!!! By stating that because KET only invited those two candidates no one else COULD be in the debate. WTF have we become when a tax payer funded tv station is used against the citizenry? Oh wait, it's okay we voted on it, it's fine.

Two closing points: 1. I didn't say I dont vote, only that I dont think the saying is true. 2. Concerning Ms Grimes, if someone believes in Obama's vision of America that's okay, I think it's wrong but this is America, but at least be honest about it...

puros_bran":ot8tmip4 said:
  I very much disagree with the "if ya don't vote don't bitch" cliche.   When all that's offered is corruption why would an honest man be complicit in the activity... We've voted for the less of two evil for at least 5 decades and look where we are.  

It's so bad in Kentucky that most people aren't even aware there are any choices besides Allison Lunderson Grimes (a despicable woman that toes Obama's line and then lies about it) and Mitch McConnell (a dispicable man that steps on the necks of the people and calls it freedom) The Demublicans actually prevented anyone besides their two Jack boots from being on the public station (KET)debate by citing Freedom of The Press!!!  By stating that because KET only invited those two candidates no one else COULD be in the debate.   WTF have we become when a tax payer funded tv station is used against the citizenry?  Oh wait, it's okay we voted on it, it's fine.

Two closing points: 1. I didn't say I dont vote, only that I dont think the saying is true. 2. Concerning Ms Grimes,  if someone believes in Obama's vision of America that's okay, I think it's wrong but this is America, but at least be honest about it...
Well said. I will be voting, but am not happy with many of the candidates in PA.

...points from all are well-taken...choices for "good" candidates are limited at best...

Went out and voted for the lesser of 2 evils this morning. Brought the little man with me and let him push the big green VOTE button, so he got the "He Votado" sticker instead of me. (Yes, they really were in Spanish).

$4 billion mid term election. I'm sure we are going to get the best government money can buy.

First, riff raff, thanks for your service! I did something similar once, many years ago.

There was only one race here where my vote might have made a difference, but I filled in the ballot anyway. I can't say the choice in that one race was between evils, more like evil and 'meh'.

I voted 'meh'.

No matter how bad the results, at least I won't have to see ads against 'meh' run by evil's puppet masters everytime I go to youtube

Looks like My Man Mitch will be either the Senate Majority Leader or the Senate Minority leader. He's up by a pretty good margin in early reporting..

Which makes me ask... With the all electronic machines shouldn't we know who won by 6:01pm?

Allison "I never show up for my $150k per year state job" Grimes just conceded.  It's My Man Mitch misrepresenting Kentucky in Senate for 6 more years.      His mail order bride is announcing him for the We Are The Champions speech now... Shhh be quite and listen to how great he is.

His pre filmed acceptance video of himself is almost heart warming...

puros_bran":9t6jddak said:
Looks like My Man Mitch will be either the Senate Majority Leader or the Senate Minority leader.   He's up by a pretty good margin in early reporting..  

Which makes me ask... With the all electronic machines shouldn't we know who won by 6:01pm?  
'Cause the polls CLOSE at 7:00PM! :twisted: (Except in those gerrymanderd districts your boys set up !! :twisted: :twisted: )

Ummm no, all over Ky it's 6. Don't know how long it takes a dead relative in Texas to vote but here in Kentucky we hurry them right along.

And if anyone gerrymanders districts in this state it's the Democrats. We vote republican in EVERY federal election where every vote counts to the total but Democrat in every state and local election???? Yeah, that's believable.

This reply isn't about politics. With some hard work, sometimes you can effect change. Maryland has had two Republican governors since 1963. My wife undertook the Larry Hogan campaign last year for our area of Maryland. Until the day of the election, I was afraid that he didn't stand a chance in a Democrat controlled state. She worked tirelessly for the past 9 months, often until midnight seven days a week organizing the campaign efforts. She never gave up hope. I was really concerned that if Hogan lost, she would be crushed. Well, he won by a comfortable margin. I hung around the victory party until the results were in at midnight with good news. Fresh tears of job are on her face here.

So, you can vote, you can bitch or you can work hard and vote. I'm proud of my gal this morning.

10370810_996853466997315_7892426776925906805_n.jpg

10351240_10205301290199690_4998338156030543706_n.jpg

And, Hogan promised to retract some of the ridiculous taxes added to Maryland residents in the past 8 years. I'll have his ear and keep his feet in the fire to get rid of our additional tobacco tax currently at 30%. Maybe once again I'll be able to patronize Maryland tobacconists.

I took a bullet in Loas when I was 18, regardless of how you feel about the Process it's the best in the World, bitch all you want that's your right, the only line I"ve ever drawn is when you burn the Flag, those SOBs should be deported never to see freedom again. I am a 71 old Cajun and that's my story and I ain't changeing it.