Embarcedero turns a year old...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhuggett

Reaction score
This is definitely one of my favorites, probably my all time favorite. I burned through about four tins right away when this tobacco came out but haven't been smoking it for a few months to explore other blends. I was having a craving tonight and couldn't take it any longer so I decided to crack another tin. I was quite surprised when I turned it over and saw that it just crossed over the one year mark.

Only half way into the bowl now but it sure is damn good. Very smooth and so flavorful! I wish I had the taste buds to clearly decipher what a year in the tin has done for this tobacco. Whatever it is, I love it!

I'm with you J, Embarcadero is an incredible blend, to me its just a whirlwind of flavor from charing light to the bottom of the bowl. As I've said before this is a blend that should not be missed...

Yep ! First pipe tonight was half of the perishingly small amount that's left from the first half-pound tin in a Cavicchi prince (a dream team).

It's taking real discipline to keep from opening the second (of the initial three) -- the old have your cake (to age) or eat it dilemma.

The obvious solution to which is to just get more of it :D

:face:

It's become my favorite, so much so that for the last year I've been having trouble smoking anything else. It's not that I've grown tired of my other mixtures (all good friends and comrades), it's just that whenever I reach for any of the others that I like or want to try, I often black out, and when I come to, I find that I've loaded up on Embarcadero again. I've dedicated an Ardor to it, and that is saying something, because I don't have a lot of pipes.

I cannot get enough of it.

Cheers,
Dave O