End of an Era at Knox

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well the plug has finally been pulled at Knox's site and forum. :cry: Here is to a lot of good friends made and good times that I have had there for the last eight years. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: I wish them luck in their new endeavor.

Knoxcigar decided to close down their internet business to focus on their retail store. Nothing terrible happened or anything.

I was just over on the forum though and it's still up.

Wet Dottle":i7pu3mit said:
Uh...... Can you please explain what has happened?
I don't know all of the specifics but ownership of the board is going in another direction and suspending their retail sales online as well as the message board too.At this point it's really no loss as hapily most of the folks who were there came here.

If we're being honest with ourselves,it's pretty much just turned into a couple of nuts (who are likely the same person) that seem to post there now anyway...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Oh, too bad. About the online retail, I mean. I used to buy from their Web site a lot, a few years back. I wish them luck, whatever the direction they wish to take. And the online forum also has a lot of interesting information. Do you know if it will be archived somewhere?

D.J. Perry":kd6ljsmg said:
Wet Dottle":kd6ljsmg said:
Uh...... Can you please explain what has happened?
I don't know all of the specifics but ownership of the board is going in another direction and suspending their retail sales online as well as the message board too.At this point it's really no loss as hapily most of the folks who were there came here.

If we're being honest with ourselves,it's pretty much just turned into a couple of nuts (who are likely the same person) that seem to post there now anyway...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:
Let's just hope those nuts or that nut don't find their or his way here.

I too am sorry to see the Knox board go. Let us strive to keep this forum alive and well.

Even though most of the folks from the Knox board are now on here, I still am saddened by their decision to do away with it. I learned a lot from the brothers on that board, and I hope I was able to contribute to it in a small way.

Here's hoping the woim/yarnspooler/knuckles won't find his way here.

Mike

There was a time that I ordered from Knox quite a bit. Then they jacked their prices up so high that I ignored them. Then they came way down and I scored 30 tins of Irish Flake.

They will be missed.

Best of luck to that mercurial outfit.

I've been out of pipes for awhile and just heard about Knox closing down their online biz. Sad to see.

I did login to the forums today and see they are still operational - although it's almost a ghost town. Too bad they never caught on to the fact that public forums really need frequent moderation ... best done by regular members who can spot the trolls.

Welcome tslots!

I think the reason for the forum going south and the online business going south are due to the same problem. It takes a lot more commitment that most people realize. Lot more to being competitive online that throwing up a website.

Natch":supdln5w said:
"Let's just hope those nuts or that nut don't find their or his way here."

Too late, I followed the trail of dottle crumbs and ashes here months ago. :face:

Natch
:lol: wrong nut. :afro:

PipeBrew":d7z8ut7p said:
Natch":d7z8ut7p said:
"Let's just hope those nuts or that nut don't find their or his way here."

Too late, I followed the trail of dottle crumbs and ashes here months ago. :face:

Natch
:lol: wrong nut. :afro:
Ahhhh... so y'all meant me. Took me a while, but I got here.

;) :affraid:

It is great to see you here John :bounce: :cyclops: :sunny: :sunny:

Yes, John, welcome! Look forward to you sharing your knowledge here.

Mike