English blends for a VaPer guy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's one that's worth mentioning because of the sheer weirdness of it. Davidoff English Mixture.

The weirdness is that, despite the name, it isn't what anybody would likely describe as an English blend. So if you try it, you have to set aside any preconceptions. It's hard to say if you'd like it because, in the scheme of Va/Pers, it's kind of a bland, slightly cased, Va/Per.

For its positives: I find it to be pretty mild, nice burning to the bottom, and extremely consistent through the whole bowl. For those reasons, I actually like smoking it. But, if pressed, I wouldn't buy more because it's expensive for a bland tobacco and I'd rather spend money and time with better things like the Frogs.

Anyway, in your search for a great English, don't be fooled by this one. Just thought I'd mention it.

When you've sampled a bunch, please do share your thoughts.

Yours,
--DAL

Wow. I just ordered five tins of CoSJ. If I had a 20% coupon, I'm not sure what the order may have been.

I second the Wiz's reccomendation on McClelland's 2020. It's a divine tobacco, I purchased a pound a few months ago and am almost through it. Just had another two pounds show up on my doorstep this morning. It's sweet and tasty with just enough Latakia to spice it up a little.

Cheers,

Tim

One blend that is often overlooked is GLP's Samarra.

Dan's Bill Bailey's Balkan is good as well.

DrumsAndBeer":9drkvpdb said:
One blend that is often overlooked is GLP's Samarra.

Dan's Bill Bailey's Balkan is good as well.
I think that is one that gets passed over a lot in the GLP lineup. I know I'm always passing it up. Def gonna have to try it.

Ok, I'm many bowls into this Star of The East tobacco and I believe it is phenomenal!!! Best thing C&D makes that I've tried so far! No component dominates but it gives you a healthy dose of everything that I'm looking for in a good English; tangy slightly sweet red virginia's, the orientalist is a little spicy with a similar tang and sweet in its own way, and the Latakia is just perfect. Great stuff!

Old Nate":n1xxmitw said:
Ok, I'm many bowls into this Star of The East tobacco and I believe it is phenomenal!!! Best thing C&D makes that I've tried so far! No component dominates but it gives you a healthy dose of everything that I'm looking for in a good English; tangy slightly sweet red virginia's, the orientalist is a little spicy with a similar tang and sweet in its own way, and the Latakia is just perfect. Great stuff!
Attaboy Nate. It's a favorite of mine too. :)

AJ

Beck's ol' limey bastard

If there is a finer English out there today, I'd love to try it. The only tobacco I've tried in the last 15 years that successfully takes me back to 20th century qualities.