English Premiere League?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardedbassguy

Reaction score
Anyone watch the EPL?

Honestly I have given up on American pro sports except the occasional Dallas Stars game, or attending a Texas Rangers game for fun.

But, I do love some West Ham United! I try to stream the games every weekend I am free. I can't believe the year we are having so far, and I hope it keeps up.

I haven't followed the EPL as much as I have in years past. I love watching the games and passion for the fans. I always route on the Manchester teams and New Castle.

I used to love playing and watching football in the early '80s. And then the game changed. Players are now over paid to the point of it being immoral and are terrible role models for youngsters. Most are 'cheats' too hiding behind the term 'sportsmanship', throwing themselves on the floor searching for a foul when no contact was made. What does that teach our children?

NHS nurse salary: 18,000 pounds / annum
EPL players: 250,000 pounds / WEEK

Stick":mk9tsjrp said:
I used to love playing and watching football in the early '80s. And then the game changed. Players are now over paid to the point of it being immoral and are terrible role models for youngsters.  Most are 'cheats' too hiding behind the term 'sportsmanship', throwing themselves on the floor searching for a foul when no contact was made. What does that teach our children?  
Unfortunately most if not all professional sports are exactly the same way.

Just saw this thread, so I thought I'd dig it up:

I vaguely follow the EPL, as I sort-of kind-of follow Newcastle, and sort-of kind-of follow Leicester.

I'm actually a HUGE fan of the sport, though, and have developed a very strong allegiance to Bradford City who play down in League One (third tier of the English system).  I've also always enjoyed the Champions' League and the Europa League, so I've come to develop a fondness for PSG and Celtic (and, to a lesser extent a few Italian and German clubs).

I still have trouble getting on the MLS bandwagon, though - I'd LOVE to see quality soccer played in the US, but honestly the best American teams are AT BEST as competitive as second- and third-tier English, Spanish, Italian, and German teams...plus there's just a heck of a lot more passion (from supporters and on the field) in Europe (for obvious reasons).

I'm from Scotland and support Heart of Midlothian, but I do have a soft spot for West Ham.

I'm forever blowing bubbles............. :cheers: