English Stout

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey

Reaction score
Wow,
I guess I'll start this off!!

I have quite a bit of this stuff. Not bad, but I cannot keep it lit. I have tried airing it some, but still no good.
I am smoking it in a Peterson Prince bowl. Any suggestions or anyone have experience with this blend?

Where did you get this from? I believe I have some in my collection, but it may be same name, different blend. Mine, I believe, is from pipesandcigars.com. I've smoked it a few times without many problems. You may need to look at how you're packing it if it's not staying lit. That seems to be the fix in most cases, but YMMV. May need to rub it out a bit more before packing, perhaps. Good luck!

Haz,

yeah, same stuff. I will try that. I didn't know you needed to rub out ribbon, especially if it was english ( not really sure WHY I thought that...I really don't know anything yet..)
I'll try that.

Lilttle brother, I will try and send you some soon, but we already sent out the family's package yesterday. Good news is that Stonehedge and Penzance are on board!

Is that quad in that package too? I'm really like the Grizzly 660 :lol!:

You didn't have to send us anything.

I know, "I know we didn't 'have to', 'we wante to.'

Thank you. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Lucky

Further rubbing out of any tobaccy is strictly a personal preference, not something one *must* do. I've found in some cases that it helps packing and smoking. As with most things pipe-tastic, your mileage may vary.

Haz,

I will definatley give it a try, and let you guys know how it went. I think I may start by putting a good few pinches in my Meer and see if it makes a difference too.

Paul,

you cannot open til christmas...seriously. The tobaccy is sealed..so sorry no excuse :no:

"English Stout", Mackeson's XXX is my absolute favorite! Never tried to put a flame to it before though. :shock: