Enhancing Granger's flavor with an aromatic - question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forsooth

Reaction score
I bought a large tin of Granger.  It is ok -- I like the fact that it has no bite and is (seemingly) low in nicotine.

However, I'd like to enhance the flavor a bit without jacking up the "strength."  Does anyone have any suggestions for an aromatic that might go well with it?

Thanks.

Richard Burley":rvfc0p3j said:
Mixture No. 79. Seriously.
Well, I came this close to getting some MN79 in my last order. I looked at reviews and found that it is the most controversial blend on the market. It seems to be like space travel - people either love it or hate it. However, on your recommendation, I'm definitely going to put in a order for some. Thanks for the suggestion.

Richard Burley":l91l6n2p said:
Mixture No. 79. Seriously.
Niceee..... that nice low smokey taste.... good call... i was watching this thread to see what would be said

Add some McC VBC for a better taste. I make a blend of CH & VBC and Cube Cut Burley and VBC. Both like dessert blends. More smoke with flavor and no bite. If your not into vanilla I recommend two other tobacco's to add to Granger: BCA or McClelland 5100. Good luck

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":w14mnzdp said:
Add some McC VBC for a better taste. I make a blend of CH & VBC and Cube Cut Burley and VBC. Both like dessert blends. More smoke with flavor and no bite. If your not into vanilla I recommend two other tobacco's to add to Granger: BCA or McClelland 5100. Good luck
Thanks!!  I have VBC on hand, as well as BCA.  I recently attempted to order McClelland 5100 but it was -- what else -- backordered.  Will try again soon.

My current fav homeblend:

2 parts 1-Q
2 parts LL-7
1 part Autumn Evening
1 part BLWB

Dry as desired.  I like to spread a big batch in a large cookie pan and dry for 24 hours.  

Thanks again.

Your blend sounds real good and I don't care for moist tobacco's myself. I also blend 1Q & LL-7 with some 5100, gets better with a minimum of 6 months aging. I don't care for 1Q by itself, tends to dry my mouth, everyone is different. Me, anything with BURLEY added is a big plus!! I also keep C&D Big N Burley bulk & Cube Cut Burley nearby aging. You should try C&D Bayou Night bulk, every bit as good as the tin/can version!! Oh, I'm very picky when it comes to bulk blends. Lane Burley & Black bulk aged a minimum of 3 years is an excellent smoke, especially at today's price of under $29.00 for 16 oz. I've been making my own blends for over 42 years, 3 with different cigar leaf. McC 5100 will be back in stock @ Smokingpipes within the next few days I was told. I always have enough 5100 aging. I find young Virginia's bite my tongue, so I age for a few years.
It's all about enjoying yourself :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Whenever I try a blend that just needs a little something extra, I remember an old trick my Grandmother used to make any recipe better - add a tsp of sugar. So I'd recommend adding a bit of Sutliff Creme Brûlée (or its doppelgänger Sutliff Molto Dolce), Lane LL-7, or McClelland VBC. Don't need much to improve a blend you find a bit blah...