Epic Icelandic Volcano Vid

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
If you’ve ever wondered how volcanos are built…here’s some incredible footage for your viewing astonishment. I love drone videos. Always amazed at the resolution and incredible potential, both of which are showcased here. When watching this keep the scale in mind. This is not a small cone popping out lava, it’s a huge mountain…the volume of lava is staggering.

Things really get going at around 1:20.

If you’ve ever wondered how volcanos are built…here’s some incredible footage for your viewing astonishment. I love drone videos. Always amazed at the resolution and incredible potential, both of which are showcased here. When watching this keep the scale in mind. This is not a small cone popping out lava, it’s a huge mountain…the volume of lava is staggering.

Things really get going at around 1:20.

Holy frijoles! That's better than any fireworks I've ever seen!

😲

Cheers,

RR

Mother Natures power on display!! We forget that places like Iceland, the Hawaii'n Islands, many of the Carribbean Islands, The Phillipines, etc. are nothing more than the tops of ancient volcanoes! You folks on the West Coast are extremely familiar with this situation...Mt. St. Helens, ad infinitum!!!!! Awesome power on display!! FTRPLT

Turns out they're an audible feast as well. Like fine-tuned chandelier crystals.

I think I remember a voiceover saying the height of the top of the main geyser was 600 m. above the rim. That’s like 2000 feet! Jaw dropping if accurate. I also remember hearing 200 m. Still pretty amazing.

I've been watching it for a couple of months now.
I keep a second computer on the live feed all the time.
Often it takes a break, and it's often too foggy to see,
but when it gets going it's quite a show.
It's day 112 and so far it has put out over ninety-three million cubic meters of lava.
(Don't tell Greta Thunberg, but it's puttin' out ten thousand tons of CO2 each day)