Eric Church.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Any other Eric Church fans?
How about Tedeshi Trucks band?
I've said for a couple years I'd face the days of pain to get to go seem them.
My wish sorta came about on Mister Misunderstood, not full blown but if Susan is allowed to take Ms Cottons place every now and then I'll be happy.

Eric is one of the last Outlaws around... you really got to hunt the underground alt-country, no record deal, artist to find the rest of them.

I feel the same way about Tedeshi Trucks Band. Some of the best big band blues ever.
Keeping the genre alive and doing so on a gift.

I'm fairly new to the Tedeshi Trucks band. Got in their "Made Up Mind" release a while back and have been enjoying it. Need to check out some more of their stuff.

Eric Church isn't familiar to me. Guess I'll need to look into him. Similar style?

Cheers,

RR

Yes and no.. mostly outlaw-ish country, with some rock, some blues.
Susan Tedeshi sings on one of the singles off the Mr Misunderstood album. I really like Mistress named music off that same album.

I kind of view Church as trying to be outlaw when country went pop...
Tedeshi Trucks, how do you describe them..lol. You can't.

I said Church is Outlaw country, he's really one of those guys that doesn't fit anywhere... They just play him on Country stations..lol

YouTube up his performance of Hallelujah at the Red Rock.
Or catch him singing "that's damn rock and roll" with Lzzy Hale.
Or him and Susan Tedeshi doing "Mixed Drinks about feelings."
And he still makes time to sing Outsiders, and Smoke a little smoke, Springsteen, Taladega, Record year, and literally dozens of others.