Erinmore Flake is underrated!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
That's my personal opinion of course. :D

I picked some up the other day and I think it's very tasty. I was pleasantly surprised. I have seen that many don't hold it in high regard but I like it none the less....

There is some sort of casing or topping but I didn't find it offensive in any way. I'm not sure what it is though. I think the little pineapple on the yellow can might subliminally suggest that flavor but I cant really say what it is for sure.

Anyhow, the Vitamin N is definitely there and won't hesitate to pick up some more someday.

Glad to hear another opinion of this blend. I'm planning on trying some soon(ish).

Its interesting to hear people speak of Erinmore the tobacco, particularly the flake, as if she were a woman. Apparently she'd be a bit of a tease, some say a tart as she's neither this nor that but defies rigid classification. A Virginia flake that's turned her back on purity?

Glad to read your review. I have a tin of the flake myself that I haven't yet dared to try.

Back when I was first introduced to pipe smoking, Erinmore flake was the first and only high grade tobacco that I smoked. My normal fare was Borkum Riff and Amphora which along with Sail and a couple of others was all the local general store sold. When I was eventually able to get to the closest town with a real pipe and tobacco store, Erinmore became my special treat tobacco. I revisited it a while back, and while the fruity topping is not to my everyday liking, I still smoke a bowl maybe once or twice a year. I have a 100g tin of the last of the Murrays put away for the future whenever that arrives.

I smoked Erinmore Mixture back in the late '60's and early '70's. I tried the Flake version but found it unsatisfying, not because it was a flake, but because it appeared to have a diffent flavor than the Mixture. Maybe it was me, but the difference was distinct.