Erinmore Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

For me it has the propensity to sizzle the tongue a bit if I'm not careful but man I love this stuff! I always considered it pedestrian for some reason but in reality it is anything but.

It's not a complex blend it's a big blend with big body and big flavor- and I find that since I'm not the kind of smoker to keep things real hot in the bowl that the topping holds up fairly well throughout the bowl and doesn't get burned off by the heat.

A very nice change of pace blend, one I might even call a nice outdoor smoke for this time of year.

I have come very close to purchasing some when I am in JR's. Now I am going to have to try it for sure!

Ian, is the ready rubbed the same?

For whatever it's worth (if anything) :

Rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, Erinmore has universal bad rap for being the hardest tobacco of all to get rid of the residual taste of in a pipe.

:face:

Yak":4ruz89ep said:
For whatever it's worth (if anything) :

Rightly or wrongly, fairly or unfairly, Erinmore has universal bad rap for being the hardest tobacco of all to get rid of the residual taste of in a pipe.

:face:
Agreed- that is what put me off of trying it for so long. It turns out that I was mistaken. I haven't experienced that yet thankfully.

Ian, quite right. Once the not unpleasant casing wears off, there's a decent VA beneath it all, and IMO, a better than average smoke. The key is very slow in a smaller pipe for me. I have a Barling small dublin and a Royal Stuart dublin that absolutely love Erinmore flake and mixture, too. I only had the plug once, but the plug may be the best smoke of them all.

Erinmore....this one benefits from DGT without a doubt, gravity fed, and an oh so very slight tamp....don't forget the air pocket....this one is a prima donna...it will want its own pipe for the often misunderstood flavours to come through. When aged, ambrosia indeed.

Yak":yizb8qrv said:
That has not been my experience. Condor, however... :affraid: