Erinmore mixture

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

Reaction score
In the last 6 or 7 weeks that I’ve been been back on the briar. I have been ordering some tins that were out of the ordinary from my past favorites. Now I have taken back up where I left off with star of the east, 965, emp, red ribbon and a couple others. But for some reason aromatics are starting to appeal to me. I purchased a tin of cherry Ambrosia and I am really enjoying it. So on my last order I picked up a tin or Erinmore Mixture just to try it out. I have smoked two bowls of it today and was really surprised by it. It was a damn good smoke. About half way through both bowls it smoothed out and had a nice clean flavor with very little moisture in the bottom of the bowl. From everything I have read about this blend blend it’s either love it or hate it with no in between. But right now I’m really liking this blend.

I started to enjoy aromatics too which really surpised me. I tried some when I first started smoking a pipe back in '97. Then resisted them all together since thinking it was all bad. Now I try a few hear and there and enjoy 3 right now that scratches the itch.

Try Scotty's Trout Stream and Butternut Burley. I would say it s a better version 1Q and BCA.

One I love that is not super aromatic is Boswell Pipes Dan's Blend. Coolest Virginia I have ever smoked. You can puff like a smoke stack and not get tongue bite.

Since you like cherry try Cult's Blood Red Moon. Lot of new pipe converts I made at the local B&M love it.

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely pick some of those up on my next order. The reviews of trout stream sounds very promising.

Erinmore Mixture does not have a lot of good reviews on TR (2.2 rating) and, frankly, I don't understand why.
Especially considering that since STG has taken over production from Murry's it can only have become much better.