ESCUDO ewe!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokey-smokey":ztn1al67 said:
Hey, just curious, as a guy who's been on the same boat (though not with Escudo): How is your search for a suitable replacement going? Have you found it?
I've found several good blends but, nothing that even comes close to Escudo sir.

I really don't enjoy my current tin of Escudo. It's not what I'm used to. Can't really say what's wrong but it does not taste like the Escudo I love so much. It's just, well, ordinary tobacco.

I will finish this off quickly to move on to the next tin. Hopefully the next tin will bring the usual joy

SpeedyPete":ydig4cgm said:
I really don't enjoy my current tin of Escudo.  It's not what I'm used to.  Can't really say what's wrong but it does not taste like the Escudo I love so much.  It's just, well, ordinary tobacco.

I will finish this off quickly to move on to the next tin. Hopefully the next tin will bring the usual joy
SP, If I were you I'd wait awhile, a few months maybe before opening another.
I use to smoke it fresh but,after a few that were just bad I started waiting awhile and found that I didn't run into that problem or at least it wasn't as bad. The last time I had one that wasn't right I just put the lid back on and stowed it away for about 4-6 months and sure enough it was much better the second time around. Whether it has something to do with me or not I don't know for sure, I can only say what works for me.

Cartaphilus":rgpd0jtw said:
SpeedyPete":rgpd0jtw said:
I really don't enjoy my current tin of Escudo.  It's not what I'm used to.  Can't really say what's wrong but it does not taste like the Escudo I love so much.  It's just, well, ordinary tobacco.

SP, If I were you I'd wait awhile, a few months maybe before opening another.
I use to smoke it fresh but,after a few that were just bad I started waiting awhile and found that I didn't run into that problem or at least it wasn't as bad. The last time I had one that wasn't right I just put the lid back on and stowed it away for about 4-6 months and sure enough it was much better the second time around. Whether it has something to do with me or not I don't know for sure, I can only say what works for me.
I thank you, my bro'  :D  That is exactly what I will do. I'll finish this tin and then smoke Luxury Bulls Eye Flake when I feel like Escudo. Wait a while and try my beloved Escudo again. Maybe it's my tonguesticles that went haywire

I'll be at the Raleigh TAPS show on 12 April. Hopefully Russ will have his "Escudo" ready by then!!!! :cheers: FTRPLT