Escudo History

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An interesting article. Makes me want  to open a tin and I just might. :)

AJ

Thanks for posting this one Michael, it was very interesting!

So, it says that the sailors used to chew it when it wasn't safe to smoke it. Have you felt nostalgic yet and put a pinch between your cheek and gum? :pirat:

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting Michael!

Ah, Just more DDNR and Escudo are one in the same BS Propaganda. :suspect:

Cartaphilus":h6q6esm0 said:
The expert has spoken so theirs no reason to read the article !! 'Nuff said :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":vn9dwf3z said:
Cartaphilus":vn9dwf3z said:
The expert has spoken so theirs no reason to read the article !! 'Nuff said  :twisted: :twisted:
giphy.gif

That's right! Laugh you scoffers and degenerates, they'll come a day when you'll all look to me for guidance and help and I'll no longer be there. Now, don't all hold your breath......buttheads! ;)

Cartaphilus":09zr6lkq said:
That's right! Laugh you scoffers and degenerates, they'll come a day when you'll all look to me for guidance and help and I'll no longer be there. Now, don't all hold your breath......buttheads! ;)
:lol: Dammit, I'm going to get me some of those Deluxe Navy Rolls and see for myself. Never had 'em. My opinion will be final, and will be chiseled in stone for mortals to gaze upon.

Well for what it's worth, and that would be not much around here, I've smoked both side by side and don't think they are the same. Granted I didn't have identical pipes for both and the blends were about 6 months apart in age. They were very similar but imo not the same. But again I don't know much about much so maybe I just wanted to like the DNR more?

:lol!:

I'm curious about dating via who was the US distributor in each period. Was James B Russell the distributor in the 80s and part of the 90s?

Also, when did Escudo go from the darker, smaller coins to the larger, more variation in color coins? I'm going to guess this happened in the 90s sometime. Anyone?

Zeno Marx":yrmklu9j said:
I'm curious about dating via who was the US distributor in each period. Was James B Russell the distributor in the 80s and part of the 90s?

Also, when did Escudo go from the darker, smaller coins to the larger, more variation in color coins? I'm going to guess this happened in the 90s sometime. Anyone?
Ask Cart he's the resident expert in all things Escudo !! :twisted: