Escudo Not Imported Now

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo_buscatti

Reaction score
I was at JR last weekend and was informed that Lane is no longer bringing it in.

You would think some other importer will step into the breach, given its popularity.

oh geez...this was the first blend i really fell in love with....... hmmmm maybe some American Tobacco blender will make a clone???????? ( hint, hint! ) escudo has to be a good seller too. :cry:

This one is familiar. In the late 90's there was a scare about Escudo not being made anymore. Being one of my favorite blends at the time, I purchased a couple of hundred tins. Well, I still have 80 dated from 2000. Should I go ahead and restock? Is it a production problem or just an importer issue? Or is it just a rumor?

Escudo was one of my first WOW experiences in pipe tobacco. It was TJ that gifted me a two year old tin and I savored ever last bit of it. Since then I've went through quite a few tins being I always have one open. Better stock up I guess.

80 tins of 8 year old Escudo... you are a wise man Dottle! :lol:

The funny thing is that I haven't bought a single tin of Escudo since 2000 :D