Esoterica Help Needed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DurinsRest

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm wanting to learn more about the company, and possibly get a chance at grabbing some on another release. I've been searching and haven't found anything about the company, no social media , anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm really wanting to get anything like social media, blog, main website anything. I'm really interested in trying some of this so appreciate the info in advanced!

Esoterica is a line name used by JF Germain and Son, Island of Jersey. founded 122 years ago, and I am unaware of any real on-line presence; I'm sure someone will post a link in any exist

If you have any Tobacco/Cigar shops in your area get to know the manager to see if they ever order any. If they do put orders in for it they may know when the next drop will be. I do like some of their blends but would never pay more than retail.

There's a great Country Squire Radio podcast that goes pretty deep into the history, the blends, and Germain blends too. Check it out! The episode is from May 20th, 2020.

I'm with you though, never have had the chance to try any of it...One day maybe I'll get lucky

I'm on a list to be notified when it comes into my local shop. Funny thing is, when they do get some in, it will be there for a while. Not many pipe smokers in my area or just not much interest in it here I guess.

B&Ms are often your best chance to score Esoterica.

On another note for Dunbar fans, be aware that the blend was different in the last two drops than it was previously. The Virginias are a little brighter, less topping, less depth and flavor.

B&Ms are often your best chance to score Esoterica.

On another note for Dunbar fans, be aware that the blend was different in the last two drops than it was previously. The Virginias are a little brighter, less topping, less depth and flavor.
I agree with your point. I have never used Esoterica tobacco, But I have some Germain's & Son tobacco made by this year, Like Rich Dark Flake. I feel no good. It looked like less depth and the leaf was so young. I must keep it so long time in my tobacco store. I am worried about how long time to age them. Maybe more time. It's a sad message.

I agree with your point. I have never used Esoterica tobacco, But I have some Germain's & Son tobacco made by this year, Like Rich Dark Flake. I feel no good. It looked like less depth and the leaf was so young. I must keep it so long time in my tobacco store. I am worried about how long time to age them. Maybe more time. It's a sad message.
It is a sad message. A friend of mine recently got a fresh batch of Rich Dark Flake, and he noticed it wasn't quite as deep in flavor as it had been. I'm not buying tobacco now, but if I was, I would not buy Germain's products because I don't trust them to be the same quality as they once were. That includes the last batch of Smoker's Haven products. I tried the last production of Our Best Blend and it was certainly not the same.

By last batch of Smoker's Haven products do you mean 2019? That's the last time I remember them being available.

I think I have a bunch of Esoterica around here somewhere. Maybe I should poke around til I find some and list it at the Trading Post. There’s a new Leonardo Momento Zero fountain pen whining at me to be bought. PAD is a powerful thing.

The last run of Smokers Haven tins Premal had them tinned in flat pancake style tins if I remember correctly...they tasted the same to me except maybe some age on the ones I had jarred. I recently smoked some In B Tween, just as good as ever!