Estella PAD

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Picked up a nice Estella on eBay this morning ($45 buy it now with free shipping).  10 years ago this was the going rate for most Estella’s, but it seems these days, it is hard to find any under $100, so this is a steal IMO!  I used to have 10 or so Estella pipes, and they were among the best smokers in my collection.  Really regret selling off my Estella EX316 shape, as I never had a pipe that smoked Virginia’s like that one...hopefully one will pop up sooner or later.  Would also like to get the classic 320 shape eventually!  For now, looking forward to getting this one and enjoying it!  :cheers:

-Scott

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264229557309

I have a few Estellas and they are really good smokers. From what I heard, they were Autograph seconds.

JimInks":8keuww25 said:
I have a few Estellas and they are really good smokers. From what I heard, they were Autograph seconds.
Yes, I have heard the same thing Jim!  It is amazing that back in 2009 when I started collecting, I don’t recall paying over $50 for any of the Estella’s I owned.  They were the best smoking pipes I had for the value.  It is just a shame that many others have caught on since then, because with the exception of the one I bought today, most seem to be going for between $80-$100 now, with some going for much more! I won’t rest though until I have a 316 shape back in the collection, even if I have to pay a premium price!

-Scott

Corncobcon":4zfzxep4 said:
JimInks":4zfzxep4 said:
I didn't know that!

My Estella is on the left in the picture.

Nice Estella there sir!  I had one that looked just like that, but it was more of a chimney style bowl (was just over 3 inches on height if memory serves).  Used to love stuffing flakes in that sucker and enjoying a good hour and a half smoke!

-Scott