Esterbrook pens ever had one?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking at esterbrook pens for a little while. I have a older one but it doesn’t write the bladder is hard as a rock. But I really like the look of it. I like the looks of the new ones too. Plus the price of them are not too bad ranging from 65-200. I’m more in the 65 range myself. Just curious as to anyone’s thoughts on them

I have one that was my uncle's. Its a newer one that uses the cartridge adapter things. Really nice heavyweight pen considering its got a carbon fiber body to it. Probably a hefty chunk of brass under it lol. It writes really well and I really enjoy using it. Cleans up easily too.

Jim

Cool HP. There’s something about using a pen or anything for that matter that has been passed down like that. And there’s nothing like writing with a pen that has some heft to it. I think their new pens look great. I just have to start saving up for one or take my chances on fleabay.

I think I have one around here. A lever filler. Esterbrook made a lot of nibs for dip pens. I know I have a number of those.

You know...there are a number of pen repair guys online that do reportedly good work on refurbing dead bladder type pens like the Esterbrook. Figure maybe $50? There’s also LOTS of tutorials online as to how to fix your dead pen...if you wanted to.

Blackhorse":rcoapvdd said:
You know...there are a number of pen repair guys online that do reportedly good work on refurbing dead bladder type pens like the Esterbrook. Figure maybe $50?  There’s also LOTS of tutorials online as to how to fix your dead pen...if you wanted to.
Yes, I’ve seen some guys on line that repair bladder type pens. A couple of repair shops were going to be at the Little Rock, AR and St. Louis, MO pen shows but something came up that I couldn’t make the shows.

I just haven’t made my mind up on who to trust with a couple pens. I haven’t really heard of anyone using one of these repair men personally. But then again I haven’t asked either.

I have watched several videos on replacing the bladders. Most pens seem pretty doable if take your time and pay attention to what you’re doing. I could buy most everything I need to start repairing some pens for the cost of sending one pen off to be repaired.

What to do what to do :lol!: :lol!:

Carlos":ngsu30aa said:
I think I have one around here.  A lever filler.  Esterbrook made a lot of nibs for dip pens.  I know I have a number of those.  
I don’t have any extra nibs laying around but I’ve seen tons of them on fleabay. They’re usually not too bad on prices either. If I do fall further down the rabbit hole and start repairing. Then there’s no telling what all I’ll hoard up