European Escudo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
I browse the Dan Pipe catalog once or twice a week. They offer Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls, to the best of my knowledge,a blend unavailable in the States. I just noticed last night that I can't find Escudo in there anywhere. I have heard that the 'Alfred' of Alfred & Christian Peterson was Mr Dunhill but I am unsure if this is true. Is Dunhill De Luxe Navy Roll Eurpean Escudo?

PB,

I think it is. My etailer lists it separately as well as among the Dunhill offerings. My older Escudo tin has the white label on the back "Made in Denmark". The newer ones have "Made in the EU" like the tins of Dunhill that were taken over by Orlik.

I've always wondered about that and hope someone will jump in with a defintive answer.

:D Paul

puros_bran":harelxic said:
Is Dunhill De Luxe Navy Roll Eurpean Escudo?
no.

they don't taste anything alike. i've gone through 2 tins of dunhill DNR in the past year and many a tin of Escudo (both older smaller tin, and newer paper label, as it's my fav), and had them open at the same time. they are not the same blend. they look close to the same, but taste nothing similar.
but that's my taste buds, i'm sure someone will say they are.

:?: Can i order dnr from dan tobacco?????????? will they ship to the u.s.????????