Exclusiv Royal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
I pronounce it Roy-Al. ( like Roy Rogers and Al Bundy) I don't know why... Maybe because it's foreign. More seemingly so because it has no vast following like some other 'foreign' blends. I acquired this blend some years back, either in a box pass, a trade, or as a gift (possibly from Doverpipes) I opened the tin, smoked a few bowls, shoved it in the baccy box...

Its not a bad tobacco by anymeans. I won't feed you full of crap like some of the more poetic liars, errrr, I mean brothers.. There's no lower bass notes of the 5th harmonic of Bachs blah blah.. There's no 'cedar notes giving way to leather' or any of that nonsense... It's just a good spicey tobacco.. Cube cut, or as the packaging says Granulated, ( I'm going with cube cut screw the Germans) for a ridiculous easy loading.. Just swish your pipe around in the little plastic bag that it comes inside of the tin and your loaded up... Lights easy, smokes cool, good flavor. White ash.. Happy piper.

I never could decide if it had a topping. My wife said no when I asked if it smelled of anything, then changed to "maybe chocolate".. I looked it up on Tr.com and its suggested as Orange there.. Wtf? Orange? No, unless you eat spicey tobacco flavored oranges. Don't matter though, I don't know of anywhere state side that sells it, but I understand it to be as common on the other side of the ocean as Prince Albert is here.

puros_bran":ilmsp94m said:
Lights easy, smokes cool, good flavor. White ash.. Happy piper.
Now that right there tells ya all ya need to know, like yourself I don't get all the subtle nuances some folk seem to get with tobacco, does it smoke well, does it taste alright is the room note tolerable, outside of that all I need to know is what tobaccos are in there is it topped/cased, if so with what and I'm ready to rock.

A genuine pleasure to read a no nonsense review, we don't get it here in the UK but it is available in Europe as you know.

I have never tried spicy tobacco flavored oranges.

I did, however, get into sprinkling broken-flake strands of Kingsbridge onto spinach salads, as a garnish.

Sloth":knuu5h1l said:
I have never tried spicy tobacco flavored oranges.
Next time you enjoy an orange, put a wee bit of perique in your cheek :twisted:

I think it was Oriental spicey, but I haven't smoked in so long I'm almost new at this again... If that makes sense..

I wonder where that tin came from.........LOL. Has it got a date written with a Sharpe on the bottom? I think I bought 10 or 20 tins of the stuff years ago in a major discount purchase. Haven't smoked any in a long time. As you say, very easy to pack a pipe. Scoop method.

Hard to say Carlos, it has been in a mason jar for a long long time. But I do have a dented tin with a date in sharpie that I will never smoke nor never sell/trade...

puros_bran":rkxiuvha said:
Hard to say Carlos, it has been in a mason jar for a long long time. But I do have a dented tin with a date in sharpie that I will never smoke nor never sell/trade...
You should keep a close eye on that dented tin. Those are not known for remaining sealed. Glad you, or someone managed to find it! I thought it was lost.

Don't care that it's sealed or not... Lol.

It was a random gift from a friend umpteen lifetimes ago that I've somehow managed to hang on to through a destroyed house, a destroyed marriage, a destroyed job, and now destroyed health...

After saying that, maybe I need to toss that piece of crap bad luck charm away.