Exhausted Rooster....thoughts (not a review)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
I smoked my first bowl of this blend this morning. It peaked my interest because I thought it could be similar to GLP Cumberland. My initial thought of this blend is that I am blown away at how good it is and it blew me away in the same fashion that Cumberland did upon the initial smoke of that blend which has come to be a favorite. Exhausted Rooster is similar to Cumberland as I suspected but totally different in it's own right. This first bowl is as smooth as any fresh leaf as I have ever smoked and I can't imagine how good it will be with some age on it. I rubbed it out a bit and dried it a little before smoking it. I don't know if that had any effect on it or not. I will have to smoke more of it but for now I am leaning towards thinking this could be C&D's crowning achievement. This stuff is good!!! I will say that it is very rich and flavorful with an almost creamy like quality.

I am just wondering if there are any other serious thoughts on this blend?

JP,
I would help you out but the tin I ordered recently got confiscated till Christmas along with a tin of GLP Key Largo, can't find them anywhere.
:santa: can be mean sometimes.

I really enjoyed it the few times I've smoked it... still have 3/4's of a tin left. I'm going to have to spend more time with it before I really decide it's a keeper or not.

It's on my wish list to get, but that list keeps getting longer and longer!

EJinVA":xggsu883 said:
JP,
I would help you out but the tin I ordered recently got confiscated till Christmas along with a tin of GLP Key Largo, can't find them anywhere.
:santa: can be mean sometimes.
EJ, it's a conspiracy... my last tobbacy order got confiscated as well :shock:

Justpipes":y29tamp5 said:
I am just wondering if there are any other serious thoughts on this blend?

I love it! One of my favorites. :bounce:
(I'm crazy about Cumberland, too.)

vaperfavour":mddi0stf said:
it's great with breakrast!
I agree! I smoked it early this morning, of course my best smoking is usually early in the morning at least before 7:00 AM.

I cannot get past the ridiculous cartoonish tin art, which never fails to remind me of the box my daughter's breakfast cereal comes in. God forbid my cellar look like the kid’s cereal aisle. You can have it.

Kapnismologist":f6ggafob said:
I cannot get past the ridiculous cartoonish tin art, which never fails to remind me of the box my daughter's breakfast cereal comes in. God forbid my cellar look like the kid’s cereal aisle. You can have it.
Kapnis... don't judge a book by its cover :lol: . Many CD tins are colourful. On my shelf, I arrange the CD tins according to dominate colour... there's some good baccy inside.

Slow Puffs":zkk34e1f said:
Kapnismologist":zkk34e1f said:
Kapnis... don't judge a book by its cover :lol: . Many CD tins are colourful. On my shelf, I arrange the CD tins according to dominate colour... there's some good baccy inside.
Here! Here! Of course the 8 oz and 16 oz tins aren't as animated so just by it in bulk. :lol: :D

I broke down and ordered some... along with a new Stanwell. Had to justify the shipping to get the Exhausted Rooster here ya know? :mrgreen:

" I arrange the CD tins according to dominate colour..." Slow Puffs

So, instead of thinking to yourself, "do I want a straight Virginia, or a burly, or perhaps something in a latakia blend today", you think to yourself, "do I want a light purple today, or perhaps something in a mauve..., no, it's definitely a puce kind of morning"?!? :mrgreen:

Natch

Natch":aoqfzqll said:
" I arrange the CD tins according to dominate colour..." Slow Puffs

So, instead of thinking to yourself, "do I want a straight Virginia, or a burly, or perhaps something in a latakia blend today", you think to yourself, "do I want a light purple today, or perhaps something in a mauve..., no, it's definitely a puce kind of morning"?!? :mrgreen:

Natch
:lol!: