Experimenting with ODF Ready Rubbed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombstone Smoker

Reaction score
Just pioneering my first bag of this, inspired by JimInks, whose palate-sense seems to well predict my own.

I have fully rubbed out some, made another dose about half fully rubbed, half as-is, and the final dose unchanged. I haven't fiddled with dry times yet. The best go-forward plan is to just smoke the crap out of it, in all formats, in everything I have. But this said, I'm just wondering how some of the other bros are prepping and smoking this stuff.

World love to hear thoughts, ideas and advice.

Kind regards,

Tombstone

Once in a while I smoke it straight in a cob, partially rubbed out. I mainly use it as a filler with SWR to make my own Urban Cowboy. It's great to kick up a good burley blend.

If you smoke it in all your pipes you’ll ghost all your wood with dark fired. Are you OK with that?
I'm thinking of starting in cobs first, working my way up in chamber size, and then see what happens in some briars. But one whiff of this stuff makes me think I wouldn't mind being haunted by this savory delight for years to come. That's a scenario I could potentially live with.