Fair weather smoker?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well . . . the workshop idea works for me certain times of the year, primarily to stay out of the rain. In the springtime I enjoy looking out the window at the blossoming Dogwoods, Redbud, and Cherry Blossoms. But today it is rather bleak, and not much enjoyment from my pipe.

My mother had to contend with mild SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) so maybe I got some of that. I don't mind being outside with snow on the ground and the trees all barren, there is a kind of stark beauty in that. But the workshop is no sitting room, it has concrete floor and worktable and tools. I don't know how you guys can sit in the garage or under a carport and get much enjoyment from the experience.

One of these days I may invest in a garden shed that can be converted and made into something more comfortable. Something like what Bremen Pipe Smoker has shown on his YouTube channel. Meanwhile, I'm going to look at past posts on BoB of smoking rooms and see if I get any inspiring ideas . . .

Well . . . the workshop idea works for me certain times of the year, primarily to stay out of the rain. In the springtime I enjoy looking out the window at the blossoming Dogwoods, Redbud, and Cherry Blossoms. But today it is rather bleak, and not much enjoyment from my pipe.

My mother had to contend with mild SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) so maybe I got some of that. I don't mind being outside with snow on the ground and the trees all barren, there is a kind of stark beauty in that. But the workshop is no sitting room, it has concrete floor and worktable and tools. I don't know how you guys can sit in the garage or under a carport and get much enjoyment from the experience.

One of these days I may invest in a garden shed that can be converted and made into something more comfortable. Something like what Bremen Pipe Smoker has shown on his YouTube channel. Meanwhile, I'm going to look at past posts on BoB of smoking rooms and see if I get any inspiring ideas . . .
If you have room get a small garden shed with lots of windows, and fix it up as sort of a man cave. Comfy chair or recliner, nice stereo, etc. Tuff shed makes a couple like that.

Thanks, I just did a Google search on Tuff Shed and found lots of options. Previously I saw a nice shed at the Amish outlet nearby, but with the humid summers and wet winters I'll have to really be sure the materials can stand up to that kind of moisture. Anyhow, the wheels are a spinning!

Fair weather... yeah here in Santa Barbara, Ca it can dip into the low 50’s at 3am in the winter. And down to the 60’s in the summer with averages of 65-75 year round. Sometimes I have to put a long sleeve shirt on. Others, I have to go and get shorts. It’s difficult but I love my pipe. 😀

Santa Barbara is nice, although a little expensive. My wife used to live there many years ago. Had any undocumented immigrants dropped off there yet?