Falcon

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansaspiper

Reaction score
I found on ebay 2 falcons in need of stems and I think 6 to 8 bowls if I remember correctly, for like 20 bucks but did not pull the trigger.

There are good deals on eBay if your looking for a good smoking inexpensive pipe. If you can't find one I will see what I can do. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Beware of Falcons without stems...they cannot be replaced.  In other words, you can't plug a new Falcon stem in there as they are crimped in at the factory. So the metal stem and plastic bit are essentially a single unit. Plus...Be very careful of used Falcon gear...buy from known or reputable vendors.

Maybe. If the threads are good, if they're not burned out, if if if...

I wouldn't worry too much about outside finish as that can be brought back and even enhanced. But I would be concerned about structure and overall integrity, often very difficult to tell without a close examination under a good light.

Don't mean to be a downer but...when something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Arky, when I'm feeling a bit better I have either a Viking or Falcon pipe I can send you, ( either new or MINT condition ) need to go thru a few Rubbermaid tubs in my son's garage. I enjoy both Viking and Falcon pipes and if you maintain them they last a lifetime! Still have my complete set I purchased back in 1969 and still smoke them all. Just give me a few days. Don't buy anything yet. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Arky, I knew I had a few never smoked/used Grabow Viking pipes. I just located one with a slight bend to the shank and stem and 2 real nice looking Viking bowls never smoked. Later I will PM you pictures, if you like it all it's yours.  I know everything is going to a good home!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Going to PM you in 5 Minutes. Just used Bee's wax and mineral on the New Viking bowls. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

It seems that I recall you weren't to hip to mine when we hung out last. Could it be you have turned to the Dark Side?

:lol!:

I'd say after a few days to smoke the Viking i was given I'm a convert. Wonderfully made if the bowl is wet just put a different one on, you can smoke the same pipe all day. That is great for me as I work out side don't qanna carry alot of pipes with me just throw the extra bowl in my pocket. I love it I thank every one for the wonderfully amazing gifts I have been given!!!!!

Glad your enjoying the Viking. Smokes dry and easy to maintain. It will last a lifetime if cared for properly. Mine from '69 still is in mint condition after I restored it and the 5 bowls in the set are perfect. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!