Farewell My Friends....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best of luck to you. I'll think of you whenever I smoke the pipe you sold me :D

Wow, this is truly surprising to hear, but even at 19, I totally understand how our interests/hobbies/lifestyles can change.

Best of wishes to you Dock,
Travis

Always will you be welcomed back with great enthusiasm my friend :D As I said to you before, and as George stated, hang on to that special stuff, it's irreplaceable.

Jim

What LL said.

Keep reading it until you've got it memorised. Then go do whatever.

When I stepped off the bus, Rattray stuff was blended by Rattray himself. When it came time to resume, that whole world was a memory.

If I had put away a cellar like yours, it wouldn't have mattered :D

Keep your stuff, and it won't to you.

:face:

Sometimes you just gotta go and do your thang......

All the best to you brother!

Be well.

It's been said sever times here already; just going to reinforce it. Do what makes you happy, just realize in about 20 years or so, when your <knee, back, elbow> starts to nag you on cold, wet nights from all the fun you're about to have; that pipe, book, and warm fire are going to seem like a little slice of Heaven.

Pretty much lived at the gym until I turned 45 or so, then started to slow down. Picked up the pipe at 50 (for real). No guarantee it will happen like that for you, but it might. Keep the pieces you love, you'll want them later.

Sorely missed would be an understatement...

Dock,

In my heart there is sorrow but I completely understand! I have recently teetered on the same conclusion, but I have every summer for the past few years and when fall along with the cooler weather rolls around I find myself longing for the pipe again.

I wish you all the best friend! Keep the faith, hold on to hope and bless others as you are blessed!

Good luck in your new endeavors, but don't forget to come by once in a while.

Well that does it, im quitting the gym! Its not worth it!

Aurevoir Dock,
peace be with you.

I am sorry to see you go Dock it was always a pleasure to read your posts. Best of luck in all your adventures and deals. Later for now

Mike

Sad to see you go. Not sure if you will see this but I gotta say, your posts and pictures of your collection have been inspiring to me and it was a pleasure to meet you in person, albeit briefly. I wish you the best in all your new endeavours, while at the same time hoping someday to welcome your return to realm of the pipe.

PS- Didn't realize you were on facebook. Just sent a friend request, hope you get it.

Dock , I wish you the best in your new lifestyle. You will be missed around here, and thanks for the knowledge you've spread.

What a sad day almost like hearing a star Red Sox player trading over to the Yankees. You cannot believe it is happening and to someone who is so heavily invested in the past time. Sorry to see you go Dock I am sure you will be sorely missed by everyone on this forum :(

Doc, sorry to see you quit this great hobby of ours, although I can somewhat relate to your leaving. Best wishes for the you and your future endeavors. You will be missed in the pipe smoking world to be sure.