Farmer neck scarves

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UkuleleDude67

Reaction score
I am looking for a supplier for this type of neckerchief. Please share any leads please.
1676577412060.png

thank you all. I have done hours of search. many are more like ascots or fancy scarves. I watch a show called all creatures great and small. every farmer wears them. just trying to find the proper name. not bandanna or neckerchiefs.

Looks like a wild rag to me, just rolled instead of the typical bandana style diamond seen in westerns. The wild rag is a simple silk scarf, available in various sizes and patterns. They’re still really popular in the western world.

Wild West Mercantile in Mesa AZ..Google them. Search for wild rags. Large 20"x20" bandanna, all silk, plain and patterned. A bit expensive but good quality. Here's a sample.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-17-19-12-04.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-17-19-12-04.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
What you may wish to do, is check around the longrifle shows and events. Also, the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA) artists. There is period correct clothing makers that advertise in MuzzleLoader and MuzzleBlasts magazines.

There were just two shows not far from you. Joe Wheeler State Park had the Alabama - Kentucky Rifle Show mid January. And last weekend at Lake Cumberland CLA Show at Jamestown, KY.

All depends upon what period in history you are looking for.

We are up and down US45 several times a year. Don't know where in north Mississippi you are. It's a less intense route than the Interstate's.

As the show All Creatures etc. is British I'd focus your attempts there.

They look like poorly painted neck ties to me, can you get a screen shot from the show? I couldn't be arsed googling it.

Years ago I belonged to Civil war reenactment groups. I use to get those ties at shops in Gettyburg PA. There are also civil war suttlers that sell period merchandise and have those exact ties.

can't help with the scarfs, but I enjoy that show a lot. those period piece shows are a sonofagun. I see clothes I like all the time, but I have no idea where I'd wear them. The hacking and hunting jackets are especially cool. It's too bad full belted tweed jackets are a thing of the past. They're sharp.

can't help with the scarfs, but I enjoy that show a lot. those period piece shows are a sonofagun. I see clothes I like all the time, but I have no idea where I'd wear them. The hacking and hunting jackets are especially cool. It's too bad full belted tweed jackets are a thing of the past. They're sharp.
You are so right. I get ready to leave the house some days, and my wife says I look like a 70 yo English villager. I'm 55 and in Mississippi.

Had
Had one of those in college back in the early 70's. Yep I thought I was styling. Lol.