Fashion faux pas? You decide...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermit

Reaction score
kit1_3038745b.jpg

Everyone is talking about Colombia’s women’s cycling team. But not for their skill - for their sports kit.
The new uniform, which the team wore for the first time this weekend during the Tour of Tuscany, is bright red, yellow and white,
with a nude-coloured lower torso.
It may sound like a clash of colours, but the outfit is guilty of a far more serious fashion faux pas, as these pictures show.
Simply, the flesh-coloured design suggests the kit has a cut-away area, where their knickers should be.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-life/11096585/Colombian-women-cycling-team-kit-Vagina-like.html

Yeah, I would say they really need to change the color of the lower portion of there uniforms.
Certainly not appropriate for young girls or women of any age in my opinion.

AaaaaaH the 21st century!! :twisted: Dontcha just Loooove it !! :twisted: :twisted: NOT !! :twisted: :twisted:

It's rather ridiculous but it did it's job.. It was a publicity stunt from the very start.

I didn't find it to be as stark as they may have intended, or as some may have taken it...

why?

Because all of those ladies have darker skin than the nude colored section of the outfit...so it doesn't look like they're exposed. If they wanted to really make it effective they should have made that "nude" section a few tones darker.

Puros is right, "sex sells". Show skin, gain viewers. Does anyone really care about women's beach volleyball?

They are going sheer or thongs next time.

Crass and tacky. Looks like something conceived by Miley Cyrus. If you're going to present the nude female form or the suggestion of it--something I'm not averse to--do it well or not at all.

:x Nope, nope, nope. Looking at that seems worse than there being nothing on for some reason.

puros_bran":1246bmko said:
It's rather ridiculous but it did it's job.. It was a publicity stunt from the very start.
+1.

Has anyone here ever talked about Colombia's women's cycling team before this? How many people are talking about it now?

Lousy uniform, excellent marketing.

not a big deal.. all cycling suit fit like that. the yellow, orange/red are from their yellow,orange/red, blue flag. If you guys think you are seeing something you shouldn't see all cycling wear has padding in the butt and up between the legs a few inches as usually you are leaning forward and want to protect things. you aren't seeing any 'toes' it the padding of the cycling suits. you will see far more at your local beach or pool.

I don't consider myself a prude or being self righteous but I fail to understand why a group of young ladies would want to give the impression that their privates are available for public scrutiny. It's in poor taste and in my opinion disgusting. I'd be horrified if one of those girls were my daughter. I'm sure there are fathers somewhere that are very displeased with this behavior. What is this saying about the morals of our youth? There should be shouts of outrage over this type of behavior but I don't hear any. Somewhere we have failed to impart decency to the generation that follows. Cold it be that we have lost our sense of what is decent and moral?

Exodus 34:7 - Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear [the guilty]; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth [generation].

What a price we pay for our indiscretions. :(

AJ

I think it was intentional, the designer knew what it would look like and the coaches (those in charge anyway) did too and they approved it. As mentioned sex sells, sad but true. My vote? A totally low class design.

This design is purely intentional.  I believe it is very uncouth and  should beremoved asap.  Something that doesn't give the wrong impression should be used instead.  Yes, it worked for marketing.  I hope that the backlash from this should cause those uniforms to be retracted and burned. The team doesn't even look like they want to wear those uniforms.

Can someone please get them to turn around? I withhold my opinion until I can get a rearview shot :)

Did anyone notice the girl on the far left appears to have 2 right arms? There is something not quite right about this picture.
As far as the costumes go, no point in discussing it. If you are worried about the moral fiber of our society, that ship sailed long ago. I'm just glad I don't have a daughter.
Mike.

MichaelM":zs92gv7b said:
Did anyone notice the girl on the far left appears to have 2 right arms?  There is something not quite right about this picture.
Mike.
There is someone standing behind her - you can see their legs as well.

As for the fashion faux pas - definitely, BUT the fact that a pipe smoking community have dedicated a couple of pages of discussion to an unknown cycling team proves that the marketing has worked!

Lack of moral fiber doesn't bother me. It is just something about skin colored clothing that does not set well with me, doesn't seem right. They just look like big gross flesh colored granny panties to me.