Favorite Artisan Pipemakers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll add to the stellar list of names above those of Jan Pietenpauw and Yuriy Aksenov.

My favorites in two categories...

I own pipes from:
Wayne Teipen
Simeon Turner
Nate King
Chris Askwith

I hope to one day own pipes from:
Tyler Lane
Rad Davis
John Crosby
Joe Nelson
Adam Davidson
Steve Lisky
Brad Pohlmann
JT Cooke
Bruce Weaver
Jeff Gracik

A few more of my favorites that deserve mention.....

Mark Balkovec
Fikri Baki
Rolando Negotia
Werner Mummert
Alexander Ponomarchuk
Alex Brishuta
Cornelius Manz
Michail Revyagin

Old school, older guard "artisans":
S.Bang (Both of 'em)
Former
Ilsted
Balleby

Newer school, whippersnappers:
Talbert
Roush
Manz
Ponomarchuk
Yashtilov
Revyagin
Tokutomi

I haven't seen much from her lately, but I've been very impressed with Manduela's work. Simple, perfectly executed elegance.

peckinpahhombre":80io48mk said:
I will have to get myself a Rev and a Growley someday! Do they post any for sale here on the board?
I am hoping to have pipes for sale in February, but thanks for thinking of me

rev

peckinpahhombre":bw1g87bl said:
Someone mentioned Todd Harris. I recall our brother Jers got on for Christmas. I loved that one, and googled the name after I saw it, but i cant seem to find a website that has his pipes. Anyone know (Jers, if you are reading this)?
Sorry - just came late to this thread.

I see you got sorted 'hombre - Todd is contactable through pm via his BOB profile. His own website (as provided above)....

http://taharris.wix.com/turningsbytodd#!

Fraternally

Jers

My personal favorites:

Bill Shalosky
Michael Parks
Thomas James
Joe Nelson
Maksim Nazarenko
Roger Wallenstein
Todd Johnson
Jeff Gracik

This has been a really informative thread for me. Everytime someone mentions a name I google the maker and see their pipes. Wasn't familiar with Bill Shalotsky, for example. Googled him and saw some wonderfully imgainative shapes. Take this one by him, for example:

peckinpahhombre":9hac63bx said:
Looking at the the Thomas James site, this one I thought was really cool - an Ace of spades pipe:

:cheers: :cheers: Kirk is gonna love this one! There's only one card he needs.......

Fraternally

Jers

peckinpahhombre":bk93l6l8 said:
This has been a really informative thread for me. Everytime someone mentions a name I google the maker and see their pipes. Wasn't familiar with Bill Shalotsky, for example. Googled him and saw some wonderfully imgainative shapes. Take this one by him, for example:

Bill made that one for the Chicago pipe show a couple years ago, although that image is poorly lit. Here are photos from our website:

05181101016.jpg