Favorite Bourbons?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a bottle of Old Crow this weekend.
Its not too bad if taken on the rocks.
Just don't try it straight.

paddy-boy":jijokkhy said:
Yep! I usually take mine on the rocks with a splash of spring water.

It's just about closing time and I'm looking forward to some of that sweet nectar.

My everyday pours rotate between Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Elijah Craig 12yr.
Those are supplemented usually by Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Four Roses Small Batch or Single Barrel.
I was lucky to be gifted a bottle of Elijah Craig 18yr and Hudon Four Grain Bourbon (from Tuthilltown Distillery, a new distillery in New York). The Hudson tastes like Elmer T. Lee with some pine in it.

paddy-boy":vmkdicp8 said:
Man!.............straight up it the only way to take it! :D

So who's getting ready to make some juleps this Saturday? Think I'm going to pick up some Wild Turkey 101 for the occasion.

Been working on a bottle of Canadian Hunter, a good cheap Canadian Whiskey ($7 bottle). Not a bad sippin whiskey. :drunken:

I love bourbon. I have a few favorites. Elijah Craigh 18 is one. I also like George Dickel barrel select. Also, I like Bookers alot.

For mixing, I use Jim Beam. I tried one called Old Whiskey River which is supposed to be a small batch, but it seems like Jim Beam to me.

Was gifted a bottle of Old Charter 10yr. old for my birthday. Very smooth, tasty and makes a great Manhattan.

EJ,
That photo makes my mouth start to water, I believe I'm drooling on the laptop. :lol!:
I'm definitely going to try some of that Old Forrester. You rascal.
Heading to the Roadhouse tonight for a few sips and listen to a good Blues Band. Old Forrester is on the list fer sippin'
:D :D

docwatson":rfu4j9dl said:
EJ,
That photo makes my mouth start to water, I believe I'm drooling on the laptop. :lol!:
Heading to the Roadhouse tonight for a few sips and listen to a good Blues Band. Old Forrester is on the list fer sippin'
Friday I'll be making a liquor run, I might have to get some more of this stuff. It sure was good & smooth.

I finally found a liquor store in the area that has an AMAZING selection of bourbons, cheap too. Picked up a bottle of Old Forrester's Birthday Bourbon 2008. It's good. Very well balanced. I definitely enjoy drinking it, but there's nothing there that makes me say "Wow!" or make it stand out compared to other bottles in the low $40 price range - I'd rather go for Four Roses Single Barrel or Basil Haydens. Next time I go I think I'll have to pick up a bottle of Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel, since I'm a big Buffalo Trace/ Elmer T Lee/ Eagle Rare/ Blanton's (heck, is there anything they make that isn't awesome?) fan.

EJinVA":uqawg8au said:
docwatson":uqawg8au said:
EJ,
Friday I'll be making a liquor run, I might have to get some more of this stuff. It sure was good & smooth.
Wound up not getting the Old Forrester. I had an itch for Jack Daniels Black Label as it was my birthday this weekend and I haven't had any JD for years. Forgot how it could sneak up on you though, after a couple mixed with spring water and ice I was feeling fine..... :drunken: :sleep:

This past weekend I tried the old Rebel Yell, pretty good stuff for the cash.
Yeeee Hawww!

If you can find it, try Virginia Gentleman small batch 90 proof. As smooth as it gets. reasonably priced too.

I recently picked up a bottle of Old Forrester 86 proof. Far from being one the best around but at $12 per bottle it ain't half bad. Makes a respectable Manhattan.